IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Why does chrome have to be closed but not firefox?

nlionstorm

"Hi nlionstorm - Please take a look and see what they are and if they are in accordance with your computer setup. If not - try making them so!

Cheers - solbjerg"

I have a Gateway laptop with Vista. I have McAfee, too. I got ASC from CNET.com and downloaded the appropriate version. How do I now find out if the recommended ASC settings are in accordance with my computer setup? Many thanks! :-D

Hi nlionstorm

Please take a look at all your settings (details too) and decide for yourself if they are in accordance with what you would think logical or optimized -given your setup. :-)

Good luck!

Cheers

solbjerg

"Hi nlionstorm - Please take a look and see what they are and if they are in accordance with your computer setup. If not - try making them so!

Cheers - solbjerg"

I have a Gateway laptop with Vista. I have McAfee, too. I got ASC from CNET.com and downloaded the appropriate version. How do I now find out if the recommended ASC settings are in accordance with my computer setup? Many thanks! :-D

Hello nlionstorm,

I believe this is a restriction Google Chrome set on itself. While Chrome is running, it continuous to use the resources it "saved" onto your computer to make the browser run faster and smoother.

Using a program, like Advanced SystemCare, to clean out Privacy is a great choice. However, because Chrome is still trying to use the resources that are stored in your computer, ASC is not able to remove them.

Lastly,

You can still Scan with Advanced SystemCare even when Chrome is open =), just remember that the chrome privacy will not be cleaned due to that. Everything else will be cleaned though!

- Hope that helps

Cheers.

Why does advanced system care make me close google chrome, but not mozilla firefox to scan?

• 3 weeks later...

Possible Resolution??

Hiya Nlionstorm!

In my computer, I have both Chrome and Firebox browsers as alternates to my Internet Explorer V8. I get those messages constantly from both Chrome and Forefox asking me to close those browsers to allow the scan process to proceed.

What I did was go into my Advanced System Care Privacy Settings, and UNTICKED all entries in the Chrome & Firefox fields, and applied the settings so Advanced System Care will bypass Chrome and Firefox and avoid the grunge message from ASC.

Try it, and see if it works for you?

Have a Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays in whatever cultural or Religious denomination you observe!

~~ Nick ~~

Fort Myers, Florida

:razz::razz::razz:

Archived