IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

corrupt & unreadable file

Stabbers

Hi Stabbers

Do you really mean that you have AWC? What version?

It has been called ASC for quite a while now.

What version do you use of that? 3.4.1?

You could try a clean install - read about it here

Cheers

solbjerg

I have gotten awc exe. & cicereo UIWnd Frame: awc exe- corrupt file run ckkdsk utility. Ran it still get warning.

corrupt file

version 3.4 pro i got the free one on the 25th alert icon says awc.ese-corrupt file The file or directory C: is corrutp & unreadable. Run chkdsk utility. Can I still use the free license code if I want to do a uninstall and reinstall?

Hi Stabbers

I think you should do a clean install - e.g. uninstall after you have closed the program down (automatic functions) - delete the program folder

(you can save your registration data somewhere else) and then download version 3.4.1 and install that.

If you have the e-mail from IObit with your username and codeword it should be ok to use that again to register.

Now - when you run the program - check ALL "Problems" and place those you think you need in the Ignore list. Don't use the Care button the first few times.

Good luck! :-) - and welcome to the forum!

Cheers

solbjerg

version 3.4 pro i got the free one on the 25th alert icon says awc.ese-corrupt file The file or directory C: is corrutp & unreadable. Run chkdsk utility. Can I still use the free license code if I want to do a uninstall and reinstall?

Hi Mel

That sure sounds as if a scheduled care operation has been run without having placed anything in the Ignore list beforehand.

Cheers

solbjerg

So on November 27th you did a uninstall/then reinstall and had no problems until today. Then you had the same problem?

Curious!

• 1 year later...

AWC.EXE File Corrupt

I have accomplished the same problem - most likely by running Advanced System Care Pro. The Registry Fix feature of the program has caused several problems and this complication has the computer requesting that I run CHKDSK. It also has my computer (Windows 7) running at an extraordinarily slow speed.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter

Hi Peter

Please read Usage of IObit Programs (links in my signature)

Did you read the solutions in the previous posts in this thread?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have accomplished the same problem - most likely by running Advanced System Care Pro. The Registry Fix feature of the program has caused several problems and this complication has the computer requesting that I run CHKDSK. It also has my computer (Windows 7) running at an extraordinarily slow speed.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Peter

Archived