IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

BitRemover 1.0

fredvries

[08dec09] BitRemover version 1.0 released.

T-Tools has created a little free program that has been designed specifically to remove every last trace of the entries of IObit programs left behind if and when you had decided to uninstall one or more of these programs.

Be aware that we do not in any way advise you to remove any one of IObit's programs.

More info and download here.

We welcome any comment and suggestion in order to improve our program.

Hi fredvries

The program you mention is targeted solely at removing IObit programs and therefore has a very limited scope.

My recommandation for Uninstalling programs and removing leftovers is one that will do the same - but with ALL programs - Revo Uninstaller is its name.

As you perhaps notice I do not link it - I feel confident that members and visitors on this forum can find the application anyway :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

T-Tools has created a little free program that has been designed specifically to remove every last trace of the entries of IObit programs left behind if and when you had decided to uninstall one or more of these programs.

Be aware that we do not in any way advise you to remove any one of IObit's programs.

More info and download here.

Hi Fred de Vries,

Nice to see you here, I have advised some of your programs, specially JavaRa to many users here in the forum.

Great tiny utilities that should be kept in everybody's own toolbox.:smile:

Keep up the great work, and welcome to IObit Forum.:-D

I will advise BitRemover to the IObit users who will be needing clean uninstall and install.

They have to check first if they have the Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed though!

http://www.t-tools.nl/Images/BitRemover.gif

One question is, how to decide what to write in the empty box, as one doesn't know what will happen after clicking "Go" button?

Another question is, what will happen if someone using small additional (non IObit) applications, skins, and languages in the main ASC folder or any other IObit product's main folder?

Cheers.

Hi fredvieres,

I can see how this would be a handy tool if someone is having a problem with an install. Thanks!

And I believe that JavaRa is a MUST have tool for any toolbox (thanks enoskype). Have also used PureRa. Very nice stuff!

samr.

Thanks for the clarification Fred.

What about the second question?

BTW, if it is a progress bar, then does it mean that all of the IObit products are going to be uninstalled with one "Go"?

If it is not going to uninstall IObit products one by one and uninstalls all in one "Go", than I'll have a disapproval for that.

Otherwise, it could have been a very useful utility.

Cheers.

Hi fredvries

As I understood enoskypes question, he asked if a toolbar in a specific IObit program folder was removed would that removal then automatically trigger that it was removed in other IObit program folders as well?

Hope I understood that correctly enoskype!! :-)

Thank you fred for any clarification on this point :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

@ enoskype: (sorry, I had not detected the second question): BitRemover removes specific left-overs. But, yes, if something else remains in an IObit folder it will also be deleted.

Hi solbjerg,

Perhaps, I didn't asked the question clear enough, yes toolbar is included in the last question in my last post.

My concern was the extra skins, former small utilities, and personally created or new translated language files.

Although I didn't get a clear answer, now, my main concern is the deletion of all IObit products in one "Go".

It could have been a very useful utility if it could be used to clean uninstall any IObit product that you have chosen. (Independent of other installed IObit programs in the PC.)

The utility, with it's existing state is useful only if you have ONLY ONE IObit product you want to clean uninstall, or you want to get rid of everyting concerning IObit.

A bit of a negative approach if you ask me.

We have to warn the users if we suggest it to be used that it will delete all IObit products altogether.

I hope Fred de Vries reconsiders the function and takes this as a suggestion to improve the program.

Cheers.

hi enoskype

It was precisely that suspicion that made me advocate the use of Revo instead.

I haven't yet tried "his" program, and would also like a clarification to your question before I do

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

Perhaps, I didn't asked the question clear enough, yes toolbar is included in the last question in my last post.

My concern was the extra skins, former small utilities, and personally created or new translated language files.

Although I didn't get a clear answer, now, my main concern is the deletion of all IObit products in one "Go".

It could have been a very useful utility if it could be used to clean uninstall any IObit product that you have chosen. (Independent of other installed IObit programs in the PC.)

The utility, with it's existing state is useful only if you have ONLY ONE IObit product you want to clean uninstall, or you want to get rid of everyting concerning IObit.

A bit of a negative approach if you ask me.

We have to warn the users if we suggest it to be used that it will delete all IObit products altogether.

I hope Fred de Vries reconsiders the function and takes this as a suggestion to improve the program.

Cheers.

Now I understand your question and concerns.

Yes, if you decide to use BitRemover it tries to remove all traces/left-overs/debris of all IObit's programs. A problem arises when you decide to keep one or more while trying to remove others.

I've talked to the coder and he will update the program as soon as possible to remedy this.

Archived