IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Guys What is your take on the climate change deal situation

plercep

Ignore or assist ?

Don't feed the trolls

yes that's a top idea ...still i will leave it to the admins..any new one jions let you fellers answer them first before i even think about it ..

jjj

Yep, you can just ignore the thread.

There is a big difference between a well established member of the forum wanting to discuss something and a one post newbie wanting to discuss it.

You can always ask the newbie what IObit products they use and what help they may need.

Trolls want to see anger, they want to see an argument so someone replying in a friendly and helpful manner is frustrating for them :wink:

If they then reply in a way that is designed to produce anger or an argument then they will be banned.

Good riddance to bad rubbish

If they don't reply then the thread will sink.

All the best, woz of oz

Don't feed the trolls

yes that's a top idea ...still i will leave it to the admins..any new one jions let you fellers answer them first before i even think about it ..

jjj

We also had the same problem with some first time poster asking the unanswerable question "How can I use Google and maintain my privacy?" and 37 well meaning but Troll feeding replies later and we haven't heard from the OP since!

~Maxx~

Trolls, like cockroaches, are almost everywhere

I sometimes visit a travel forum and it can be a real street fight there.

Some newbie troll will post something like

I just visited (wherever) and it was great .... etc etc

a reply comes back

How can you say it is great ? It is a dump, I have been there once and never again and I would never recommend it to anyone ... etc etc

another reply

You don't know what you are talking about! It's not a dump, it's fantastic ... etc etc

And so it goes on, more members join in and the abuse gets nastier and the foul language more extreme.

Just last week I logged in and saw a post heading and immediately thought, here's trouble.

Sure enough there was, in less than 12 hours it had become:

Page 1 was mainly just differences of opinion,

Page 2 was frustration at those differences of opinion and the abuse and foul language started

Page 3 was anger and name calling and language that would make a sailor blush (as they say)

The Mods were sleeping or don't really care as usual and so I reported the thread and it was completely removed within a few hours.

No amount of editing or warnings was going to fix this thread.

The thing that was obvious to me (by the writing style) was that it was a long time member who had joined under another name to post this troll topic.

They really wanted to argue about it (they have before) and try to convince others that their opinion was correct but they knew if they posted under their usual name then other members would just say something like We have discussed this many times before, don't be a troll

Posting under a new name gave them the opportunity to get the topic started then keep it rolling under their usual name.

They actually replied (to themselves) Thanks for posting this, I have always said what a great place it is... etc etc

It seems some people never grow up :sad:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived