IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit360 not "enabled" in Windows 7 32-bit

FoxTwo

Hi there,

I tried searching for a solution but the search function here seems a bit unfriendly - anything with "7" in it returns a message telling me my search term is less than 4 chars and unable to search.

Hence my question could have been answered but I just couldn't find it.

The thing is, I recently reformatted and installed Windows 7, and am using Microsoft Security Essentials, which also comes with a spyware/malware component.

I wanted to try IObit 360 out, and installed it (after reading that it works for Windows 7). Everything installs fine, manual scans are fine. My problem is only that it is listed as "Off" in the Control Panel where it lists all the security products. IObit 360 however is visible on the system tray.

I had wanted to turn MSE's spyware/malware component OFF and turn IObit 360 ON, but there was no way I could do it from that window.

How do I turn IObit 360 "ON" in Control Panel?

Thanks Solbjerg but the link you brought me to doesn't answer my question.

Everything in IObit 360 is set as it should be (green ON, scanning etc). In the Action Center (Control Panel->Action Center->Security->View Installed Antispyware Programs), MSE is the one "on" and IObit 360 is "off" (hence not resident or not given priority).

IObit 360 *IS* in the tray. It's running. After a reboot IObit 360 *IS* present and working.

I want to turn MSE's antispyware OFF so IObit 360 can be "on".

Hi Fox

Yes, sorry, It only addressed the part about searching function :-)

Do you have the pro version of IS360?

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks Solbjerg but the link you brought me to doesn't answer my question.

Everything in IObit 360 is set as it should be (green ON, scanning etc). In the Action Center (Control Panel->Action Center->Security->View Installed Antispyware Programs), MSE is the one "on" and IObit 360 is "off" (hence not resident or not given priority).

IObit 360 *IS* in the tray. It's running. After a reboot IObit 360 *IS* present and working.

I want to turn MSE's antispyware OFF so IObit 360 can be "on".

hi FoxTwo,

Don't think you can turn off MSE antispyware it's self. You can turn off real time protection, but then viruses would not be detected.

I also use IS and MSE but have them both running or use IS as a On-Demmand scanner.

I think you should have both running because MSE real time detection rate is very good for viruses, then use IS to catch the spyware MSE might miss.

That is the main role of IS, it is there to back up your anti-virus program.

My *IS* is also 'on' but shown as off in the windows action center, i think this may be a bug for iObit or Microsoft.

You know your self it is on because of the icon so just use that as a guide to see if it is on or not.

Hope that was along the right lines...

wrexe

solbjerg - thanks for clarifying.. no I do not have the Pro version of Iobit360. As I mentioned, I wanted to try it out, hence I downloaded the free version and installed that.

wrexe - ah yes, you have provided me some info to consider. Yes I wanted to try Iobit 360 for the antispyware functions. However I just wanted to be sure that Iobit 360 is allowed to function and not "overshadowed" by MSE, since it is listed as "off" in the Action Center. The presence of the icons in the system tray does conflict with what the Action Center is telling me, hence I asked the question in this forum.

Thanks for the answers!

Hi Fox

The reason I asked about the pro version was that not all automatic functions work in the free version, as you will see if you try to use them by trying to configure the settings in the program.

The link I gave in the first post is part of a thread in the Lounge section called Usage of IObit Products where also IS360 is somewhat explained.

Some links there too :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg - thanks for clarifying.. no I do not have the Pro version of Iobit360. As I mentioned, I wanted to try it out, hence I downloaded the free version and installed that.

wrexe - ah yes, you have provided me some info to consider. Yes I wanted to try Iobit 360 for the antispyware functions. However I just wanted to be sure that Iobit 360 is allowed to function and not "overshadowed" by MSE, since it is listed as "off" in the Action Center. The presence of the icons in the system tray does conflict with what the Action Center is telling me, hence I asked the question in this forum.

Thanks for the answers!

Hi Fox

The reason I asked about the pro version was that not all automatic functions work in the free version, as you will see if you try to use them by trying to configure the settings in the program.

Hi solbjerg,

What I was asking for, is advertised by IObit themselves as being available in the free version:

IObit Security 360 is an advanced malware & spyware removal utility that detects, removes the deepest infections, and protects your PC from various of potential spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms, and hijackers. With the unique "Dual-Core" engine and the heuristic malware detection, IObit Security 360 detects the most complex and deepest spyware and malware in a very fast and efficient way. IObit Security 360 has a real-time malware protection and frequent updating for prevention of zero-day security threats. Designed for Windows® 7, Vista™, XP and 2000 (32bit and 64bit), IObit Security 360 can work with your Antivirus for a superior PC security.

Text is copied from this url->http://www.iobit.com/security360.html

As I have highlighted, I wanted the "realtime" part to work. As far as what is shown to me on my Windows 7 PC, the info is conflicting - System Tray shows IObit360 running, Action Center tells me it is "off". I wanted to know if this is a bug, or there is simply a "trick" to turning MSE off and letting IObit360 do the malware part.

Don't turn MSE off!

Leave MSE on and running! 360 and MSE get along just fine. If you see 360 in tray its running as well. There have been other reports concerning whether one is on or off. By your description they appear to both be on and running. You can verify this by opening your task manager and there you will see them both.

You can also post a scan log here and we will be able to verify that they're both running.

Keep in mind that many software writers are still adapting to 7!

P.S. Welcome to Iobit Forum!!!

Hi Fox

I see this advertisement on the IObit site:

With the unique "Dual-Core" engine and the heuristic malware detection, IObit Security 360 PRO detects the most complex and deepest spyware and malware in a very fast and efficient way. IObit Security 360 PRO has a real-time malware protection and frequent automatic updating for prevention of zero-day security threats. IObit Security 360 PRO can work with your Antivirus for a superior PC security.

And if you look in the settings in the program, this is what they say there too.

This is part of the difference between the free and the pro version!

What is the the problem?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg,

What I was asking for, is advertised by IObit themselves as being available in the free version:

Text is copied from this url->http://www.iobit.com/security360.html

As I have highlighted, I wanted the "realtime" part to work. As far as what is shown to me on my Windows 7 PC, the info is conflicting - System Tray shows IObit360 running, Action Center tells me it is "off". I wanted to know if this is a bug, or there is simply a "trick" to turning MSE off and letting IObit360 do the malware part.

This is part of the difference between the free and the pro version!

What is the the problem?

Cheers

solbjerg

Honestly I don't see a single difference in the blurb you quoted, if you were trying to show a difference between PRO and Free. In any case, should I "inadvertently" try to activate a paid-for function in the Free version, a big "Please Upgrade" box will pop up and I doubt I would mistakenly activate a paid-for function in the Free version without reaching for my wallet.

As I said before, my problem is Action Center says IObit360 is OFF while System Tray tells me it's ON. I even went as far as to make sure it says it's ON by looking at the OVERVIEW screen of IObit 360, where it tells me:

Anti Malware: ON

Realtime Protection: ON

DOG Detection: ON

Automatic Scan: OFF

Automatic Update: OFF

Windows 7 Action Center tells me (under the antispyware part):

Microsoft Security Essentials: ON

IObit Security 360: OFF.

I wanted to know if:

1) This is a bug with either Windows 7 or IObit360

2) Whether IObit360 is really working or that Windows 7 is somehow "blocking" it since Action Center tells me it's OFF.

3) Whether there is a way to disable MSE's malware component so that perhaps IObit360 might be shown as "ON" in Action Center.

You can also post a scan log here and we will be able to verify that they're both running.[/Quote]

I'm sorry, how do I do this? Perhaps there is a link on the forums with the steps?

Or do you mean Tools->Hijack Scan-> Scan Save A Log ?

P.S. Welcome to Iobit Forum!!!

Much thanks!

Hi foxtwo.

You cannot disable part of MSE without disabling the whole program. (posted in earlier by another forum member). The realtime protection of 360 is running at the same time... No matter what is listed as on or off! Just look in your task manager and you will see them both running... MSE and 360!

There is no problem here! If they are both running in your system then thats the truth of it no matter what "appears" to be on or off in this case. MSE and 360 get along just fine!!

Response to your post above!! Aye run it (hijack), save it, then copy and paste (as you would anything else) onto your next post! You can run a hijack scan in the tools section of 360. Highlight it with your mouse,copy, then paste.

You cannot disable part of MSE without disabling the whole program. (posted in earlier by another forum member). The realtime protection of 360 is running at the same time... No matter what is listed as on or off! Just look in your task manager and you will see them both running... MSE and 360!

[/Quote]

Thank you. That was the most definitive answer, and was what I was looking for.

And, here's the Hijack scan:

Logfile of IObit HijackScan v1.0.0.0
Scan saved at 21:47:31, on 2010-1-4

Running processes:
C:\Windows\System32\smss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wininit.exe
C:\Windows\system32\csrss.exe
C:\Windows\system32\services.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsass.exe
C:\Windows\system32\lsm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\MsMpEng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Windows\system32\atieclxx.exe
C:\Windows\System32\spoolsv.exe
D:\Utils\IObit Security 360\IS360srv.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
D:\Utils\IObit SmartDefrag\IObit SmartDefrag.exe
C:\Windows\system32\WUDFHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\msseces.exe
D:\Utils\IObit Security 360\is360tray.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.exe
D:\System\logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CCC.exe
D:\System\logitech\SetPoint\x86\SetPoint32.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchIndexer.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\KHAL2\KHALMNPR.EXE
D:\Utils\IObit Security 360\is360.exe
C:\Windows\servicing\TrustedInstaller.exe
D:\Internet\Firefox\firefox.exe
D:\Utils\IObit Security 360\a_hijackscan.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Link Helper - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: FDMIECookiesBHO Class - {CC59E0F9-7E43-44FA-9FAA-8377850BF205} - D:\Internet\Free Download Manager\iefdm2.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - D:\System\jre\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [RtHDVCpl] C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtHDVCpl.exe -s
O4 - HKLM|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
O4 - HKLM|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [Dimension4] D:\Internet\D4\D4.exe
O4 - HKLM|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [amd_dc_opt] D:\System\AMD CPU Optimizer\amd_dc_opt.exe
O4 - HKLM|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [startCCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe" MSRun
O4 - HKLM|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [MSSE] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Essentials\msseces.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM|\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\: [iObit Security 360] "D:\Utils\IObit Security 360\IS360tray.exe" /autostart
O16 - DPF: {8AD9C840-044E-11D1-B3E9-00805F499D93}Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 - http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_17-windows-i586.cab
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-0016-0000-0017-ABCDEFFEDCBA}Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 - http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_17-windows-i586.cab
O16 - DPF: {CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA}Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 - http://java.sun.com/update/1.6.0/jinstall-1_6_0_17-windows-i586.cab
O23 - Service: AMD External Events Utility (AMD External Events Utility) - AMD - C:\Windows\system32\atiesrxx.exe
O23 - Service: Dragon Age: Origins - Content Updater (DAUpdaterSvc) - BioWare - E:\Dragon Age\bin_ship\DAUpdaterSvc.Service.exe
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service (FLEXnet Licensing Service) - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: Windows CardSpace (idsvc) - Unknown - %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\infocard.exe
O23 - Service: IS360service (IS360service) - IObit - D:\Utils\IObit Security 360\IS360srv.exe
O23 - Service: Logitech Bluetooth Service (LBTServ) - Logitech, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\Bluetooth\LBTServ.exe
O23 - Service: Net.Tcp Port Sharing Service (NetTcpPortSharing) - Unknown - %systemroot%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.0\Windows Communication Foundation\SMSvcHost.exe
O23 - Service: Quality Windows Audio Video Experience (QWAVE) - Unknown - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe
O23 - Service: Secondary Logon (seclogon) - Unknown - %windir%\system32\svchost.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer (ServiceLayer) - Nokia - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O23 - Service: Block Level Backup Engine Service (wbengine) - Unknown - %systemroot%\system32\wbengine.exe
O23 - Service: Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service (WMPNetworkSvc) - Unknown - %PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe

EDIT: By the way, after installing v1.4.0 of IObit Security 360 (Free), Action Center now lists both MSE and IObit 360 as "ON". Guess the question is now moot.

Hi Fox

In my tray - if I right click the free version icon shown there, - it will show that Standard protection is ON, while Advanced protection is OFF.

The reason you get a message that it is OFF in your Action Center is then probably because it focuses on the Advanced protection, which is the automatic function that only works in the PRO version.

Cheers

solbjerg

Honestly I don't see a single difference in the blurb you quoted, if you were trying to show a difference between PRO and Free. In any case, should I "inadvertently" try to activate a paid-for function in the Free version, a big "Please Upgrade" box will pop up and I doubt I would mistakenly activate a paid-for function in the Free version without reaching for my wallet.

As I said before, my problem is Action Center says IObit360 is OFF while System Tray tells me it's ON. I even went as far as to make sure it says it's ON by looking at the OVERVIEW screen of IObit 360, where it tells me:

Anti Malware: ON

Realtime Protection: ON

DOG Detection: ON

Automatic Scan: OFF

Automatic Update: OFF

Windows 7 Action Center tells me (under the antispyware part):

Microsoft Security Essentials: ON

IObit Security 360: OFF.

I wanted to know if:

1) This is a bug with either Windows 7 or IObit360

2) Whether IObit360 is really working or that Windows 7 is somehow "blocking" it since Action Center tells me it's OFF.

3) Whether there is a way to disable MSE's malware component so that perhaps IObit360 might be shown as "ON" in Action Center.

Hi Fox

In my tray - if I right click the free version icon shown there, - it will show that Standard protection is ON, while Advanced protection is OFF.

[/Quote]

Mine shows both ON.

The reason you get a message that it is OFF is then probably because it focuses on the Advanced protection, which is the automatic function that only works in the PRO version.

Cheers

solbjerg

Then I guess v1.4.0 broke something, cuz mine is ON. :D

And again, the message saying it was OFF has nothing to do with IObit360. It's in the Action Center. As I kept repeating, IObit360 says everything was working, things that are supposed to be green are green, yet Action Center told me otherwise. My question (moot now) was - was it normal or was IObit360 being prevented from working. If so, was there a way to disable MSE so IObit360 can work.

Hi Fox

Something must be wrong in your installation, please try a total uninstall where you also delete the folder - and then install a fresh copy of the install file, - what we call a clean Install.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11513#post11513

Cheers

solbjerg

Mine shows both ON.

Then I guess v1.4.0 broke something, cuz mine is ON. :D

And again, the message saying it was OFF has nothing to do with IObit360. It's in the Action Center. As I kept repeating, IObit360 says everything was working, things that are supposed to be green are green, yet Action Center told me otherwise. My question (moot now) was - was it normal or was IObit360 being prevented from working. If so, was there a way to disable MSE so IObit360 can work.

Hi Fox

Something must be wrong in your installation, please try a total uninstall where you also delete the folder - and then install a fresh copy of the install file, - what we call a clean Install.

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11513#post11513

Cheers

solbjerg

Um yeah it's a clean install. On a freshly formatted PC with an almost naked Windows 7.

EDIT - guess my earlier happiness at seeing the Action Center saying that it's "ON" was short-lived. After a reboot, Action Center says it's OFF again. This leads me to suspect that MSE MAY BE preventing IObit360 from "doing its thing" even if the services are up and running. I need to hit some high-risk sites to confirm which is the one that is actually working.

Hi Fox

As I understand you - you haven't made a clean install after your faulty depiction of the automatic function as ON in IS360?

Please try that, - but perhaps first a chkdesk!

Your showing of IS360 free version as as having the automatic functions as ON is wrong. Updating the settings in the program could possibly also work?

I have no issues between MSE and IS360 in either the free or the Pro version, the free version on my laptop and the Pro version on my desktop computer.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. IS360 is NOT an anti-virus program, and should not be used as such, it should be run alongside an anti-virus program to catch possible malware that has eluded the anti-virus program.

Um yeah it's a clean install. On a freshly formatted PC with an almost naked Windows 7.

EDIT - guess my earlier happiness at seeing the Action Center saying that it's "ON" was short-lived. After a reboot, Action Center says it's OFF again. This leads me to suspect that MSE MAY BE preventing IObit360 from "doing its thing" even if the services are up and running. I need to hit some high-risk sites to confirm which is the one that is actually working.

Nevermind, I rescind my question.

From my own tests, it does seem MSE nullifies ANYTHING else. IObit 360 MAY be running, but MSE takes priority, that's why it's shown as OFF.

It doesn't matter if the "add-on" is IObit360, Threatfire, or whatever. MSE will ALWAYS turn those OFF. All threats get processed by MSE (as far as what I can see).

I will see if I can write my own EXE in the next couple of days to add an autorun entry into the registry to run another EXE which will open a TCP connection to an unknown website (my own). MSE should be unable to detect it since it's not in any signature database, and thus 3rd parties should be able to "kick in". This will prove once and for all whether the "OFF" in Action Center truly means OFF or 3rd parties like IObit360 can kick in. For kicks I will even see if I can add a new line to the HOSTS file as well as changing file association of .txt files to my own EXE.

THAT should get some bells ringing :)

Hi FoxTwo,

You can try it just disabling the Real-Time protection of MSE.

[/Quote]

Yes I did that for the tests.

BTW, when MSE is ON, IS360's Attention pop-up works if a malware is detected in Win7.

Cheers.

Doesn't do that during my tests. MSE realtime has to be OFF before IObit or any other 3rd party malware program can pick it up.

Hi Huys Ghad The pro Version Of Iobit security 360 To!

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/6954/knipbug2.png

As You See Al Protection Enabled!

Running Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit

Next Screenshot Shows That Iobit Security 360 There In The Controll Panel

Still Not Activated Is.

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/309/knipbug.png

You See The Installed programs List.

When You Then Choose To Activate Iobit Security 360-

Then Iobit Security 360 Refreshes I Think ( SOMETHING LIKE THATH ) But Nothing Changes In The List.

Translation:

Dutch: Iobit Security 360 Uitgeschakeld

English: Iobit Security 360 Not Activated

Think Its a Bug!

• 1 month later...

Iobit 360 vs Win7 action center

Hello!

I use iobit security 360 under Win7.

Win7 action center report always: no active antispyware protection can be found on my system.

Naturally, all of protection method are active in iobit 360.

So, iobit 360 isn't Win7 action center compatible.

Why?

Thanks!

Hi guys,

If you have IObit Security 360 start on StartUp, It might say that IObit Security 360 is "OFF" on Windows 7

But if you "Right click" > "Exit" IS360, and open it again~~~ :mrgreen:

It will now show is "ON"! (Just like that)

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4378&stc=1&d=1267173690

Cheers.

Archived