IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SmartRam not working

winstonsc

I am using Advanced SystemCare Free V3.4.2 and SmartRam has stopped working.

I have downloaded and reinstalled ASC and SR ran OK but when I shut down or hibernate, SR will not come back on. When I select it on the Utilities menu, nothing happens, all other utilities work fine.

Any suggestions other than going back to MemTurbo which worked flawlessly for years?

Hi winston

Please inform us about the settings you have chosen in SmartRam.

My SmartRam is also closed down if I restart the computer, but I suspect that it is because I haven't chosen to have it start up with Windows.

I have no problem choosing it again in the ASC tools.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am using Advanced SystemCare Free V3.4.2 and SmartRam has stopped working.

I have downloaded and reinstalled ASC and SR ran OK but when I shut down or hibernate, SR will not come back on. When I select it on the Utilities menu, nothing happens, all other utilities work fine.

Any suggestions other than going back to MemTurbo which worked flawlessly for years?

SmartRam not working

I am using Windows XP Home

I could not find my settings because I was unable to open SmartRam, however, it had been running fine for months.

enoskype you gave me the clue. I found it was running under Processes in Task Manager so I ended it and it became fully functional.

However, when I shut down and restarted, the problem returned. It is listed under Processes as Sup_SmartRAM.exe. Again I have stopped it and I can restart it from the Utilities menu in ASC. The settings show that I had selected to run at Windows Startup.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Hi winston

Is it possible that you have run an update or reinstalled the program without closing automatic functions and SmartRam while doing that?

If so I would try closing the program down - also SmartRam and then do a clean install.

Cheers

solbjerg

I am using Windows XP Home

I could not find my settings because I was unable to open SmartRam, however, it had been running fine for months.

enoskype you gave me the clue. I found it was running under Processes in Task Manager so I ended it and it became fully functional.

However, when I shut down and restarted, the problem returned. It is listed under Processes as Sup_SmartRAM.exe. Again I have stopped it and I can restart it from the Utilities menu in ASC. The settings show that I had selected to run at Windows Startup.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

SmartRam not working

Hi solbjerg:

I had tried the uninstall and clean install before, but I have just tried it again and the result is the same.

I did notice that a SmartRAM button flashed briefly in the taskbar but it never came up in the systray. When I went to the Utilities menu, it would not open until I closed it in Task Manager. It would appear to be running but I can't see it.

The odd thing is that Smart Defrag is also running but I can open that from the Utilities menu without any problem.

The only change that I have made recently is to add Virtual PC and VMWare Player. Both are barebones and only Virtual PC has an OS installed. Neither has any third party programs installed.

Just thought of something else. Although I did the uninstall through Add/Remove Programs and did a fresh download, my settings had been retained and I never had the option to delete them during the uninstall. How did that happen?

Thanks for your input

winstonsc

Hi winstonsc,

Try using BitRemover to remove leftovers from un-install of ASC (after un-install):

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=5587

Then re-boot and check (for XP) My Computer-Local disk/Documents & Settings/ (user name-I would check all)/Application Data (hidden-make sure to Show Hidden Files)/ Iobit- . Check to see if ASC & Smart Ram folders have been deleted. This is where the Config files are. Then re-install.

samr.

Hi winston

Please read Usage of IObit products - link in my signature

specifically:

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11513#post11513

http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=11665#post11665

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi solbjerg:

I had tried the uninstall and clean install before, but I have just tried it again and the result is the same.

I did notice that a SmartRAM button flashed briefly in the taskbar but it never came up in the systray. When I went to the Utilities menu, it would not open until I closed it in Task Manager. It would appear to be running but I can't see it.

The odd thing is that Smart Defrag is also running but I can open that from the Utilities menu without any problem.

The only change that I have made recently is to add Virtual PC and VMWare Player. Both are barebones and only Virtual PC has an OS installed. Neither has any third party programs installed.

Just thought of something else. Although I did the uninstall through Add/Remove Programs and did a fresh download, my settings had been retained and I never had the option to delete them during the uninstall. How did that happen?

Thanks for your input

winstonsc

Hi Guys:

I have just spent the past hour with this uninstall and clean install process and I have removed all related ASC files from every drive and have even used Search to confirm. My settings are no longer carried over and I know I have a clean install.

The result is the same. Task Manager shows SmartRAM running but it is not visible until I delete it and restart it through the utilities menu.

Hi winston

It is important to close all running processes in the program and also the extra tools you may have running - like SmartRam, before doing the uninstall - in case of problems it is most prudent to delete the program folder too before installing.

The fact that SmartRam flashed during an uninstall by you sounds like it wasn't closed at the time. Do you have it installed as a stand-alone application?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Guys:

I have just spent the past hour with this uninstall and clean install process and I have removed all related ASC files from every drive and have even used Search to confirm. My settings are no longer carried over and I know I have a clean install.

The result is the same. Task Manager shows SmartRAM running but it is not visible until I delete it and restart it through the utilities menu.

Hi solbjerg:

I have cleaned every reference to Iobit programs in this computer using the tools you recommended and others. After reinstall, SmartRam still runs in the background at startup and the only way I can get it to display is to close it in Task Manager and restart it.

I really appreciate your input but too much time has been spent on this exercise already.

Many thanks for your help

Best regards

winstonsc

Hi winstonsc,

Do you have by any chance restrictions as an administrator of the PC?

You can use Dial-a-fix v0.60.0.24 (2006-10-27) to remove the restrictions if you have. (You can see that in the program.)

You do not have to click on secedit.exe after you've extracted the .zip - Dial-a-fix uses secedit.exe internally when you use the "Repair permissions" tool.

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Same Problem for me too...

Hi guys,

I'm having the same problem. Smart RAM disappeared for me after running a bunch of Windows updates two or three days ago.

Now it will only run if I end the process via Task Manager first. Otherwise there is no response at all when I click it from within Advanced SystemCare.

As with the previous poster, I have tried a clean uninstall and reinstall, and am going to attempt another this weekend, but so far the only thing that seems to work is the clunky hassle of ending it in Task Manager then starting the process afterward.

I'm running Advanced SystemCare and Smart RAM in Windows Vista (64-bit), FYI. No other problems with ASC before now, and I've been running the product for about 6 months previously.

Cheers!

Angela

Archived