IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

No Audio device

belladonna406

Greetings all gurus....Since this Lounge is the board for general discussion, I need some help here and appreciate your time.

I recently reformatted my harddrive because it was loaded with stuff that needed to be gone. I saved a complete backup to a 16 gb memory stick.

After reformatting, and long story short, backups can't be read (operator error), I no longer have the D: drive recovery program (in FAT) partition is gone, and last but not least, no audio device is detected from any angle. Every search from Sys Devices is that there is no VGA Controller driver, no PCI device, no SM Bus driver. From Sound and Audio option in Control Panel, it's all grayed out. System Information using Advance Care Pro then Other Devices, no audio program shows up.

The only other thing that is affected is the Power Option "Standby" mode....from Turn-off, Restart, "Standby." "Hibernate" and "Standby" no longer appear under "Power Options".

Everything else is running fine.... (I tried converting my backups to NTFS from FAT...did so successfully, got error msgs, so tried converting back to FAT, which I now know isn't possible....they're wiped!)

I guess I need to try to update the drivers......I did find updates for the PCI device in DriverMax, but the VGA and SM Bus are not options on that site.

Any suggestions besides "sound cards?" It worked fine before I reformatted. I've since reformatted a couple more times but same story.

I'm baffled here.......bella

Hi bella

In spite of your "soundcard" remark, I would suggest that you provide us with the name and vendor of the sound card :-)

My suggestion is to find the manufacturer of your sound card and on his site download the sound drivers you are apparently missing now.

Cheers

solbjerg

Greetings all gurus....Since this Lounge is the board for general discussion, I need some help here and appreciate your time.

I recently reformatted my harddrive because it was loaded with stuff that needed to be gone. I saved a complete backup to a 16 gb memory stick.

After reformatting, and long story short, backups can't be read (operator error), I no longer have the D: drive recovery program (in FAT) partition is gone, and last but not least, no audio device is detected from any angle. Every search from Sys Devices is that there is no VGA Controller driver, no PCI device, no SM Bus driver. From Sound and Audio option in Control Panel, it's all grayed out. System Information using Advance Care Pro then Other Devices, no audio program shows up.

The only other thing that is affected is the Power Option "Standby" mode....from Turn-off, Restart, "Standby." "Hibernate" and "Standby" no longer appear under "Power Options".

Everything else is running fine.... (I tried converting my backups to NTFS from FAT...did so successfully, got error msgs, so tried converting back to FAT, which I now know isn't possible....they're wiped!)

I guess I need to try to update the drivers......I did find updates for the PCI device in DriverMax, but the VGA and SM Bus are not options on that site.

Any suggestions besides "sound cards?" It worked fine before I reformatted. I've since reformatted a couple more times but same story.

I'm baffled here.......bella

Hi friends,

Belladonna, there is an automatic way to recover your drivers : here is a google translated page form touslesdrivers.com : copy and paste

: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A//www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php%3Fv_page%3D29&hl=fr&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie=ISO-8859-1

TousLesDrivers.com is able to identify the components and devices from your computer. A list of drivers compatible with your hardware then you proposed, you have to do is download and install them.

direct link :

http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=29

Cheers

Archived