IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC installed, used and NO INTERNET NOW!

previa777

Hi all. LOST. :shock: Great show but what I want to say is I AM LOST! :!: Used Advanced SystemCare Ver 3.4.2 today.

Cleaned up my computer BUT my INTERNET NO LONGER WORKS.

PLEASE give me an idea.

p.s. By the way, when I was asked to create a backup I clicked yes and now when I try to do a System Restore, there are no dates for a System Restore point.

Is my goose cooked?

Hi previa

When you click yes to create a backup - it is a backup in Windows System Restore!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi all. LOST. :shock: Great show but what I want to say is I AM LOST! :!: Used Advanced SystemCare Ver 3.4.2 today.

Cleaned up my computer BUT my INTERNET NO LONGER WORKS.

PLEASE give me an idea.

p.s. By the way, when I was asked to create a backup I clicked yes and now when I try to do a System Restore, there are no dates for a System Restore point.

Is my goose cooked?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a related problem...

First, let me say I am a big fan of GameBooster and ASC's free utilities. I have used both for a year on my laptop (Compaq Presario F700 with Vista Home Premium) and have had no problems whatsoever.

However, and this is what I desperately need help with... yesterday I installed ASC on my fiance's desktop, an E-Machines ET1161-05 running Vista Home Basic. Trying to be safe, and smart, I created a restore point via ASC before I ran the scan/repair utilities. After all was said and done, now my fiance's computer will not boot up at all.

And now the restore point will not work. We do not have disks to reinstall Vista, the computer (bought from Walmart) was pre-loaded and did not include any disks. We can't get to the desktop. His Administrator account was also disabled during this process, so we are missing options from that menu as well.

Is there ANY way to fix this? What other details would you need, to be able to help me? He meant for me to have this computer, and now I've apparently baked it, unless someone here might take pity on me and walk me thru getting it up and running again. Please, help me!!

Hi egwarhammer

You could try to run sfc /scannow (written precisely as here) in Start/Run

If you cannot get into the computer try getting into Safe mode during startup.

Cheers

solbjerg

I have a related problem...

First, let me say I am a big fan of GameBooster and ASC's free utilities. I have used both for a year on my laptop (Compaq Presario F700 with Vista Home Premium) and have had no problems whatsoever.

However, and this is what I desperately need help with... yesterday I installed ASC on my fiance's desktop, an E-Machines ET1161-05 running Vista Home Basic. Trying to be safe, and smart, I created a restore point via ASC before I ran the scan/repair utilities. After all was said and done, now my fiance's computer will not boot up at all.

And now the restore point will not work. We do not have disks to reinstall Vista, the computer (bought from Walmart) was pre-loaded and did not include any disks. We can't get to the desktop. His Administrator account was also disabled during this process, so we are missing options from that menu as well.

Is there ANY way to fix this? What other details would you need, to be able to help me? He meant for me to have this computer, and now I've apparently baked it, unless someone here might take pity on me and walk me thru getting it up and running again. Please, help me!!

Archived