IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag V1.0 not completely removed

Hi,

:?Today I tried to remove Smart defrag so I could update to a newer version. And I know I should have just made sure it was not working at the time and layered the installation, (I did read this forum before I started). But being on of the handicapped with computer knowledge I was scared so I thought I couldn't go wrong with uninstalling & reinstalling. Well I forgot to shut down the icon in the right corner and it seems that it did not completely uninstall:cry:. The icon was still in the task bar running and the program is still listed under all programs but not in add/remove programs:oops:.

From what I read here it seems as though the correct thing to do is reinstall the same version I had first, then move on to updating my version from there:???:.

I found version 1.0 at tucows and downloaded it to the desktop. Before I proceed will someone tell me if I am doing the right thing? I don't want to make a big mistake & I have never done this before.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you

hillndale

Hi hillndale

Looks like you found the right solution all by yourself :-)

This time though close all the things from this program that you have running - also the program itself.

As it is an update from version 1 I would recommend a clean uninstall (delete folder too after uninstall) and then an install of the newest version.

Good luck!!

Appreciate your honesty!!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

:?Today I tried to remove Smart defrag so I could update to a newer version. And I know I should have just made sure it was not working at the time and layered the installation, (I did read this forum before I started). But being on of the handicapped with computer knowledge I was scared so I thought I couldn't go wrong with uninstalling & reinstalling. Well I forgot to shut down the program first and it seems that it did not completely uninstall:cry:. The icon was still in the task bar running and the program is still listed under all programs but not in add/remove programs:oops:.

From what I read here it seems as though the correct thing to do is reinstall the same version I had first, then move on to updating my version from there.

I found version 1.0 at tucows and downloaded it to the desktop. Before I proceed will someone tell me if I am doing the right thing? I don't want to make a big mistake & I have never done this before.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you

hillndale

Hi hillndale,

You can use BitRemover 1.21 to get rid of the residues of Smart Defrag (clean uninstall), where you can find the download link in Post 13. Valuable Informative Links , USAGE of IOBIT PRODUCTS thread of Lounge section.

Cheers.

EDIT:http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4083&stc=1&d=1264551526 I didn't see that you replied solbjerg.

No matter my friend it adds good information - and that's what counts! :-)

Thank you for your replies solbjerg & enoskype;-). Yes solberg when I make a boo boo I am the 1st one to say "its my fault".

I have already installed the correct version back on my pc, good thing I keep notes on what I have on the machine as I am still learning to navigate around it to find info when needed.

:?:Question? What did you mean solbjerg when you said uninstall my current version 1 and then "delete folder too after uninstall"? Again keep in mind I am somewhat of the PC handicapped group, but learning as fast as I can read the info.

Thanks

hillndale

Question enoskype. I have cc Cleaner can I use that after uninstall instead of bitdefender? And do I just run it like when I clean out my temporary files?

Just learning all these programs bear with me. And I know what a pain in the--- us newbies can be.

Hi hillndale

Sorry - from reading you I got the impression that you had sought information about it in the forum (check out the links in my signature)

procedure - install version 1 again, then do a clean uninstall (often referred to as a clean install) and then install newest version as a totally fresh install - that is to say, as if no ASC program ever had been on your computer before.

But you know about how to use the program, don't you?

Otherwise - this is also explained in the signature link I mentioned.

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you for your replies solbjerg & enoskype;-). Yes solberg when I make a boo boo I am the 1st one to say "its my fault".

I have already installed the correct version back on my pc, good thing I keep notes on what I have on the machine as I am still learning to navigate around it to find info when needed.

:?:Question? What did you mean solbjerg when you said uninstall my current version 1 and then "delete folder too after uninstall"? Again keep in mind I am somewhat of the PC handicapped group, but learning as fast as I can read the info.

Thanks

hillndale

Hi hillndale,

BitRemover is a program specially made to clear the clutter left after uninstalling IObit products.

So it is not the same if you use the Ccleaner.

Usage of BitRemover is very easy.

After you run the program, you will see the names of the IObit programs, just put a checkmark near the IObit program you have uninstalled, and it will clean the residues of that IObit program.

Please make sure that, that particular IObit program is not running in your Task Manager (Right click on the system tray and choose the Task Manager on the menu. It shows the list of running programs and/or processes. You can kill the concerned process/program there.)

Cheers.

BitRemover

Question enoskype. I have cc Cleaner can I use that after uninstall instead of bitdefender? And do I just run it like when I clean out my temporary files?

Just learning all these programs bear with me. And I know what a pain in the--- us newbies can be.

Just to clarify, enoskype suggested BitRemover not BitDefender, see the links enoskype provided to download BitRemover.

Run BitRemover after you un-install SmartDefrag.

CCleaner will not do what BitRemover does.

All the best, woz of oz

Archived