IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

FlashGot

itsmejjj

If using FireFox, the FlasGot extension (not FlashGet downloader) is the way to go. It finds nearly all media on the page

Combine it with DownThemAll extension, a great and small download manager

With these 2 extensions installed, it's just 2 clicks for accelerated and managed downloads.

do you have a link for woz me? i would like to try it

jjj

Here ya go

FlashGot @

[noparse]https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220[/noparse]

DownThemAll @

[noparse]http://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/201[/noparse]

FlashGot can seem too complicated at first because it can grab so much but once you get it set up it's a breeze.

By the way, it won't grab imbedded flash video like on news sites etc, I don't know any that will, not easily at least.

DownThemAll is quite simple to use but don't overdo the amount of simultaneous downloads (default 4) unless you have a great connection and the host site is fast.

All the best, woz of oz

light shot..very handy fast and very good caps made..

now the first one click select screen and save

then use fast image reviser.1280x800 and not bad for upload

small and fastly done,,

woz of oz

you know something you been very kind to me and i thank you ,no matter the ask ..all ways very professional very civil for a better word..and a grait human being..

thanks agian..

jjj

Management

Increased download speed is not the real goal for me but it is a bonus.

DownThemAll download manager (and others) allows me to set up say 15 downloads and then have them download 4 at a time, when one finishes then the next download (number 5) automatically starts etc

I can also choose what name the download has, automatically put 01, 02 etc on the end of downloads with the same name.

I can also set it to retry if a download times out.

There are other features as well and it's only about 500kb

I only use DownThemAll for certain downloads like FLV, MP4

EXE, JPG downloads are handled by the default FireFox downloader.

Assigning which downloader will handle which exension is done by FlashGot.

The main function of FlashGot though is to make a download available when FireFox would not normally be able to 'see' the download :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Fred,

Well, the download speed is the last thing in my preference when downloading with a download manager. 15 seconds later or earlier is not a matter of importance to me.

The resuming, and the original date of the downloaded file is really what I care for. Secondly, the mirror search function comes. Third is the cached address of the download location.

Cheers.

Not a criticism but I always wonder why people use a downloader when your download speed is ever increasing. :wink:

yes you are right ,reason is the servers sometimes may drop out,this is when

its handy,if say its a 4 gig file ,it resumes if this happens,no loss .some files are large.and .i hate the idea if one has say a Near completed download and the power ,or net glitches..one would not want to start over

itsmejjj

• 2 weeks later...

Just like many other things. Download Managers have been made out to be something they aren't and for most people they are unnecessary. You can't trick your ISP into giving you a faster download speed then what you already have by using third party software. It's that simple. Your ISP determines download speed, not a Download Manager.

Download Managers were first needed when dial up connections were about the only choice anyone had. And if you remember dial up is very unstable when it comes to downloading large files. That meant your downloads were often interrupted and the only way to resume was to start over. A Download Manager made it to where you could start over where you left off or you could just pause it yourself to make a phone call or whatever.

Archived