IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Unbelievable

Max Zorin

Yes, I saw the results. IS 360 is still being improved. And, granted, Malwarebytes is a good program, but I have to ask if the person was using the Pro version of MBAM or the free version, because he stated that MBAM blocked the malware before it installed. Only the paid version of MBAM has an in-resident task. The free version you have to manually run and it will only detect malware on a manual scan - already in the computer. Also alot of the samples were viruses and IS 360 does not detect viruses, only malware and spyware, rootkits, etc.

Hi Leeman

Right! It is very hard to do a fair comparison between the two programs.

They have a somewhat different setup.

But they both need a good anti-virus program running alongside as none of them has an anti-virus engine.

This means that MBAM will catch the occasional virus, that somehow hasn't been found by the anti-virus program.

On the other hand IS360 will find many tracking cookies and leave it to the anti-virus program to catch the real nasties.

IS360 core.def file is about 80% of the equivalent MBAM file today, but they focus on different objectives.

That reminds me - Max Zorin's objective is hardly to help forum members solve their problems here.

Half of his posts are in the Accusation thread and the rest is related to it in some way or another.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes, I saw the results. IS 360 is still being improved. And, granted, Malwarebytes is a good program, but I have to ask if the person was using the Pro version of MBAM or the free version, because he stated that MBAM blocked the malware before it installed. Only the paid version of MBAM has an in-resident task. The free version you have to manually run and it will only detect malware on a manual scan - already in the computer. Also alot of the samples were viruses and IS 360 does not detect viruses, only malware and spyware, rootkits, etc.

Archived