IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

is360.exe handles ever increasing

PJPaulMC

Hi

Another new user...

I have noticed my machine becoming unstable after extended use and noticed that in task manager the process is260.exe keeps adding more and more handles. It will start off with perhaps 4,000 handles but it will gradually increase and I have seen it up beyond 80,000 handles. I updated to v1.4 yesterday but it is still doing the same.

Has anyone else seen this?

Is this an is360.exe issue, an incompatibility with someting else, or has is360.exe been infected on my machine?

Thanks for any help

Phillip

Wow!

This problem hasn't been seen in months! The rarity of it suggests a tiny amount of users have this issue, considering the number of downloads!

This suggests some kind of incompatability, cofiguration, or settings problem.

Not infection!

Disable the real time function in your 360 meanwhile to keep this from happening, until solution is found!

I will look for the old threads.

-Mel

Here is one, I will keep looking: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=4545&highlight=Iobit+360.exe+freeze+multiplies

Here is another... I will keep looking: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=4473&highlight=Iobit+360.exe+freeze+multiplies

The user DonnyD had many posts with this problem... perhaps donnyd is the same user as kd5? Maybe. http://forums.iobit.com/search.php?searchid=627690

So far I can find only three different users who report this problem... (assuming that kd5 posted then under a different forum name)

Hi Paul

I was just wondering whether you had installed the program "over the top" or had employed the "clean install" method? :-)

Connotation of terms in my signature link.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi

Another new user...

I have noticed my machine becoming unstable after extended use and noticed that in task manager the process is260.exe keeps adding more and more handles. It will start off with perhaps 4,000 handles but it will gradually increase and I have seen it up beyond 80,000 handles. I updated to v1.4 yesterday but it is still doing the same.

Has anyone else seen this?

Is this an is360.exe issue, an incompatibility with someting else, or has is360.exe been infected on my machine?

Thanks for any help

Phillip

Soljberg

Thanks for your help

Did a Remove Software, Restarrted, deleted folder, then clean install.

is360.exe Handles start at 220+ and during scan increase to 240+ but then fall back to 223.

However, is360svr.exe handles start at 118 but after 7:15 hours handles are 40,040

Phillip

Glad to hear it Paul!!

Thanks for your feedback!!

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. my youngest son is named Philip :-)

Soljberg

Thanks for your help

Did a Remove Software, Restarrted, deleted folder, then clean install and all now seems well.

Handles start at 220+ and during scan increase to 240+ but then fall back to 223.

Phillip

Archived