IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Gary only

itsmejjj

GARY

here is my story --a new installed system

3 drives..

2 OS

what i did after i set them up .to back up -

all 3 drives to a usb drive.

so we have c:/ d:/ e:/ backed up.

took about 1 hour.

next reboot,pulled out the usb cable

now made a back up of the c:/ and d/ only

to the f:/ drive. every thing seems ok.

and we have malcuil on f:/ 2 drives and the usb

3 drives.

this is the pure clean back up..to fall back on.

encase of whatever.

also keeping in mind what ever i have there if 100%

safe.

now ta pick ya grey matter..

the system back up on drive f:/ has been made as i stated.

ok i want to add apps and files ,do i just redo the back up

on one my f:/drive.as i added stuff.

as i assume it will over write the one already made.

and what will it do ? .add to it or redo the image?

or what exactly.we are talking backing up just on the system and not the usb

image as i want it as is..in its pure stage .last resort fall back

itsmejjj

Hi jjj!!

GARY

here is my story --a new installed system

3 drives..

2 OS

what i did after i set them up .to back up -

all 3 drives to a usb drive.

so we have c:/ d:/ e:/ backed up.

took about 1 hour.

next reboot,pulled out the usb cable

now made a back up of the c:/ and d/ only

to the f:/ drive. every thing seems ok.

and we have malcuil on f:/ 2 drives and the usb

3 drives.

this is the pure clean back up..to fall back on.

encase of whatever.

also keeping in mind what ever i have there if 100%

safe.

now ta pick ya grey matter..

the system back up on drive f:/ has been made as i stated.

ok i want to add apps and files ,do i just redo the back up

on one my f:/drive.as i added stuff.

as i assume it will over write the one already made.

and what will it do ? .add to it or redo the image?

or what exactly.we are talking backing up just on the system and not the usb

image as i want it as is..in its pure stage .last resort fall back

itsmejjj

Wow my friend. You have given me a lot to think about. The only way that you can add to a back up image is to have the paid version of Macrium Relect. The paid version has a feature that allows you to just add the changes that you make to a drive. I do not have the paid version and I'm not sure how it works for sure. I will go on the Macrium forum and try to find out how that works. If you have the free version, and you add app., you will have to make a new back up image to include all the changes you make to that drive. If your going to have all this going on, you might consider the paid version, which has a lot more features. I hope I have answered your question,and I will research and add more posts latter.===garybear PS I only make a back up image of my C drive. I do that once a month and erase the old images that are stored on my USB. I'll post more latter!!

HI jjj!!!

Hi jjj. You can not add to a backup image with the free version. You will need the paid or full version. You can not over write an image. The only thing you can do with the free version is to make a new full image back up with the changes and delete the old back up!!!!! " ( as i assume it will over write the one already made.)"

("and what will it do ? .add to it or redo the image?)"NO You can not over write nor add to or redo. You can only make a new image and delete the old image with the free version.===garybear

Hi jjj!!!

I keep to two back up images on my secondary drive. When I make a new image, I delete the oldest. Its only40GB and can only hold two images. I keep 6or 7 images on my USB. It's 160 GB. You can also use DVD's, but that's not what I would recommend. I hope I have answered your question my friend.

Hi friend!!!

Hi JJJ. Think of Macrium this way. When you create a back up image with Macrium, you are making an exact copy of your drive at that time. It is much like a system restore to an earlier time in windows. The difference is if you decide to restore this image, Macrium will reformat your drive. Whip it clean and then restore your image as it was at the time you created that image. It's much better than a windows restore to an earlier time because it will go back in time and restore your PC without any virus or malware you may have picked up. It has been my experience that this is much better way to go back in time, Windows restore is not always accurate and leaves a lot to be desired. I usually try the windows restore to an earlier time first, and when that don't work the way I want, I get out my rescue CD and let Macrium do it's thing. Macrium has never let me down!!===garybear PS You can recover from a compete failure, A dead drive, or just about any thing. Restore to an earlier time is not always accessible with windows restore,but Macrium is always there for you. I love my Macrium Reflect!!!

You can not add to a backup image with the free version

ok this is what i wanted to know.so the one i made is the key one .the 3 drives i backed up (i call pure ) now the one i want to work with is ,the 2 drive back up.

so what do you do?

do you dilate, the back up and make a new one to replace it?

or copy this elsewhere.what i am thinking..

then make a brand new one.

let me explain .i have added 7 applications now.installed.right,and want to back this up.as thy are tweaked..

so thy cannot be added to the existing back up?.

is what i understand,

and have to make a new one..

this right?

itsmejjj

Hi jjj!!!

You can not add to a backup image with the free version

ok this is what i wanted to know.so the one i made is the key one .the 3 drives i backed up (i call pure ) now the one i want to work with is ,the 2 drive back up.

so what do you do?

do you dilate, the back up and make a new one to replace it?

or copy this elsewhere.what i am thinking..

then make a brand new one.

let me explain .i have added 7 applications now.installed.right,and want to back this up.as thy are tweaked..

so thy cannot be added to the existing back up?.

is what i understand,

and have to make a new one..

this right?

itsmejjj

Yes. You have to make a new back up image. I f you have plenty of space, just keep the other back up, but if you don't have the space, delete the old image and create a new one.===garybear PS when ever you add any thing to that drive and you want to keep what you added, you will have to make a new image. It's like creating a restore point in windows. You can't add to the old restore point. You have to make a new one. You can't add to the old image , you have to make a new image. I hope I have cleared this up for you.

you have to make a new image. I hope I have cleared this up for you.

thanks a bunch,yes i understand 100% .and i prefer it so .this way if a app installed went wrong ,redo and back to just before it as if nothing went wrong.

now this pc is set ,up .and am very happy.

its my new net pc.

itsmejjj

Archived