IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Aquiring network address

Ron C

Eventually Connected

Welcome to the forum Ron C :smile:

Are you saying that you are no longer getting Connected or that you are eventually getting Connected after seeing the message Aquiring network address but have never seen this message before.

I see this message quite often and then I am Connected but I was getting this message before I installed Advanced System Care and still get it after I installed and used Advanced System Care Pro version.

The first thing I would try would be to Repair the connection.

• Control Panel

• Network Connections

• Right click the Connection

• Select Repair

Do you use Advanced System Care Pro or free ?

If you use the free version the following is not available but if you us the Pro version:

• Options (top right)

• Diagnose System

• System Optimization

• Network Optimization

• Select DSL

• Apply

• OK

Did you use Advanced System Care - Internet Booster ?

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Ron

As far as I remember the DSL service (in services.msc in Run) is changed by ASC System Optimize into manual setting.

If you do not want that - go into services and change it into your preferred setting, - and then when you run the System Optimize in ASC find the DSL reference under "problems" and place it in the ignore list.

Then we will see if the "acquiring message pops up again" :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Since installing and running ASC, my DSL connection has this message instead of the usual Connected. I'm on an XP Home sp3 system with a quad CPU and 2 tb disk.

I don't know if this hurting response or not.

RON C

Thanks for the help. I had the Internet Booster on and set the speed at 3 mb/s. Changed to 2mb/s and works fine now.

ASC seems to be a very good product. Only gripe is the popup in the lower right telling me all is OK. I'd like to be told only when something is wrong.

RON C :grin:

Hi Ron

Glad to hear it :-)

Why don't you disable the pop-up notification option in your settings?

Cheers

solbjerg

Thanks for the help. I had the Internet Booster on and set the speed at 3 mb/s. Changed to 2mb/s and works fine now.

ASC seems to be a very good product. Only gripe is the popup in the lower right telling me all is OK. I'd like to be told only when something is wrong.

RON C :grin:

Hi Ron

Open ASC - choose Options in upper right hand corner.

Under General settings there is an option to have pop-ups shown or not in the notification area.

I am positive that this is mentioned in Usage of IObit Products :-)

Link in my signature :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

I've looked all over and in the online help for pop-up notification option and can't find it. Help please.

RON C

Archived