IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Small feature request.

sg2002

I'm running Smart Defrag on Windows XP and always hiding the icon. But the problem is that the icon is always changing it's name and because of that it unhides after every auto-defragmentation. Can you please fix that. Or make and option to turn the name change off. I've seen an option called "enable tooltip in system tray", but I'm not sure what it's supposed to do.

Hi sg

I agree with enoskype!!

The problem with a changing icon sounds more to me like you have a problem with Windows.

You could perhaps try to right click start/properties/process line/details and choose default setup. Otherwise take a look in your icon cache and see if any icon is named wrong.

Just wanted to add that the tooltips you are inquiring about tells you the version number and when the last autodefrag was run or whether it is started or not.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi sg2002,

I don't understand that. Do you mean the icon in the system tray? Or, the icon on desktop?

Can you give us a screenshot?

In any case you can turn off the tooltip in system tray by unchecking tooltip enable.

Cheers.

Well, then disabling tooltip doesn't work on my machine.

The problem is - in Customize Notifications the name of the icons is something like this:

"Smart Defrag 1.40" then some strange character, like a note sign, and then something like "Last Auto Defrag 2010-02-25, 12:11:50". Because the second part of the name changes all the time, Windows treats it as another icon and gives it "Hide when inactive" flag. So I have to go there again and again to set "Always hide".

Customize Notifications

With Smart Defrag enabled my Customize Notifications looks like this, see image

I don't usually have Auto Defrag enabled which is why there is no record of one.

If the name is different in your Customize Notifications then I would suggest you exit Smart Defrag completely and do a Clean Install.

If you are unsure how to do a Clean Install go to Usage of IObit Products - Over the top/Clean install

After un-installing Smart Defrag and deleting the folders I recommend you also use the BitRemover tool that is mentioned in that post to clean up any Smart Defrag leftovers.

Then clean the Registry

Download and install a fresh copy of Smart Defrag and see if that has the correct name :smile:

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4381&d=1267253988

All the best, woz of oz

Archived