IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

A-squared false report about IObit.

blacksea

A-sqaured guard detect http://www.iobit.com/ as a fraudulent host.

See attachment.

Translation about what the guard has to say about IObit; This site belongs to one of the many fake websites that try to spread security and / or sell. Nepscanners that suddenly all malware detected on your system and it only charges could remove. These are programs like Spyware Quake, SpyFalcon, Adware Alert, XP Antivirus 2008, etc.

I posted this threat to let IObit aware of this situation.

Blacksea.

A2 Squared is famous for false positives, looks like another false information of sorts.

I used to use it as it is very good at detection, but lets itself down with far too many false positives leaving people in a quandry do i delete / quarantine / leave alone till next update to see if fixed. The false positives are so frequent lots of users have moved to other more reliable software.

well spotted blacksea i hope iobit have a word in their ear to put them right

Hi cicely,

Name product: A-SQUARED Anti-Malware (Trail version):-P

Version: 4.5.0.29

Malware signatures: 3.739.172

Last update: 15 March 2010

Cheers.

Hi blacksea,

Can you tell us the clear name and product version of A-squared product so that we can get more detailed information and contact A-squared to solve this as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Archived