IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Privacy Sweep in ASC PRO v3.5.0

conchubhar

My issue is that Privacy Sweep seems to be working too well..! I want to be able to see when I boot up what MS Office documents I had last been working on the previous day. I had unchecked the relevant boxes in Privacy Sweep settings. But after restart all traces are removed anyway.

Similarly, even if I uncheck Privacy Sweep in 'Maintain Windows' my activity history is erased anyway... It seems to make no difference if I check or uncheck the box. How can I stop this happening?

Can I disable Privacy Sweep completely?

thanks

Automated Sweep ?

Welcome to the forum conchubhar :smile:

Maybe you have another sweep happening ?

Go to Options then Automated Sweep

Is the box for Automatically sweep privacy when logging on and off computer ticked ?

If you would like to use this Automated Sweep function (ticked) then also tick the box Use the same settings as "Privacy Sweep" or select what you like.

Please tell us if that helps :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi conchubhar

There are two places in the settings Privacy Sweep and Automatic Sweep that has to be configured.

You say you have unticked "History" in all places?

Have you tried that? Perhaps if you have IS360 and run that too you will have to configure the settings there to mirror the ones in ASC?

It may do so automatically though, but please check.

If it still doesn't work as it should, please give feedback, so that we can make IObit aware of the possible glitch.

In the opening window you can deselect Privacy Sweep before running the "cleaning"!

In the reg. cleaning you can also deselect History.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Right click Start - choose Properties - tab Start menu - configure - in the bottom of the window you can choose to put a mark in Create a list of recently used documents.

My issue is that Privacy Sweep seems to be working too well..! I want to be able to see when I boot up what MS Office documents I had last been working on the previous day. I had unchecked the relevant boxes in Privacy Sweep settings. But after restart all traces are removed anyway.

Similarly, even if I uncheck Privacy Sweep in 'Maintain Windows' my activity history is erased anyway... It seems to make no difference if I check or uncheck the box. How can I stop this happening?

Can I disable Privacy Sweep completely?

thanks

Archived