IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Smart Defrag not working...

Hi mavison

Have you tried to refresh the setting "Start up with Windows"?

I am wondering why a few have these problems - I haven't experienced them - and there must be millions that don't either. So why do some? It would be good to find that out. Please assist us in finding the reason(s)!!

Thank you!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Oh dear. Last AutoDefrag 4 days ago. I opened the SD window, and again it has locked up as before: hover the mouse over AutoDefrag, Schedule, or Options and they 'highlight' gray. But the Defrag Now does not un-highlight, and clicks on any of them are ignored. Sigh.

Exited it from systray menu, and restarted it. Now icon clicks ARE actioned ... now to see if it will AutoDefrag ever again ...

@solbjerg: I have several times. I even did a full uninstall, run IOBitDel?, cleaned up, and re-installed. I am willing to help identify the problem - that is why I have continued to post my experiences!

I had to re-boot earlier, and Autodefrag has I think run twice since. We will see what happens ...

• 1 month later...

Smart Defrag won't run at scheduled times

Hi kentiler,

Are you running it on a laptop with batteries? (Not connected to a wall power outlet)

If true, change the option "Do not defrag while using battery. (recommended)"to unchecked and Apply.

Sometimes checking applying and then unchecking applying helps.

Cheers.

Hi,

I have had a problem for some time now with Smart Defrag failing to run at the time I scheduled it to run. I have just unchecked "Do not defrag while using battery. (recommended)" in hopes that will help. I'll advise the result.

Details: I set up Smart Defrag to run at 3am every Monday morning. I go to bed Sunday night and leave Smart Defrag and the computer running and NOT in Standby. I get up Monday morning and check if Smart Defrag ran at 3am like it was supposed to. I find that it did not. A few minutes later, Smart Defrag launches, and unless I pause Smart Defrag, the load limits my use of the computer for the next couple of hours. If I pause Smart Defrag, that extends the time I am limited in my use of the computer.

Hi ferrierd

You should not defrag while running on batteries.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi,

I have had a problem for some time now with Smart Defrag failing to run at the time I scheduled it to run. I have just unchecked "Do not defrag while using battery. (recommended)" in hopes that will help. I'll advise the result.

Details: I set up Smart Defrag to run at 3am every Monday morning. I go to bed Sunday night and leave Smart Defrag and the computer running and NOT in Standby. I get up Monday morning and check if Smart Defrag ran at 3am like it was supposed to. I find that it did not. A few minutes later, Smart Defrag launches, and unless I pause Smart Defrag, the load limits my use of the computer for the next couple of hours. If I pause Smart Defrag, that extends the time I am limited in my use of the computer.

I have a desktop computer - no batteries

Hi ferrierd

You should not defrag while running on batteries.

Cheers

solbjerg

* Update 1: Thanks, sorry, I failed to say that I am running Smart Defrag on a desktop computer. No battery operation is involved.

* Update 2: Smart Defrag was scheduled to run this morning at 3 am. It did not.

* Update 3: I think the problem might be my Power settings. For the next scheduled Smart Defrag run, I will reset the Power settings to leave the computer, monitor, and hard drives running (no auto power shutdown).

Archived