IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

I think I'm clean!!

garybear

Hi friends!! I think I'm pretty clean!! It's time to make a back up image With Macrium Reflect. If I have a nasty, it will just have to get copied:roll: PS If any Malware fighters have a comment, please lay it on me!! You Malware fighters are doing a great service for our members. Thank you!!

Hi friends!!

Hi friends!! I want to give a shout out to these people. Use this thread to tell them you appreciate them for all the hard work they do for us on this forum. Thanks for all you do and my deepest appreciation for your hard work and dedication my friends. This is the best forum in the world and as a member I am very proud to be here. We get better every day and have the best and smartest people in the world. Thanks!!!

well since you are patting members on the back with titles..and rightly so.

let me add to this.

first of all your self. GARY BEAR.

and the membership as a forum community,of different and nice people on the whole..who post there help and advice.we have grown.and more are joining every day.

this is bar far one of the best i have been involved with.there are ones like myself who post a lot.(nothing better to Do) and the more reserved ones who post now and then.to the ones who just read.yet all help in there way.

to make this a nice place to spend a bit of our time..

itsmejjj

Hi Gary :smile:

Those reports do look good indeed 8:)

You know... logs from tools only tell what they can, from what their databases and sometimes heuristics allow them to tell. You've certainly covered a lot of angles with those different tools, and I'd say your machine is most likely clean (very clean lol).

The best indicator of an infection remains the symptoms... When a rookit installs, it can hide from most tools sometimes, but the symptoms will be there to alert you. These symptoms include redirections and search results hijacking (with Google, for instance). If you have no such symptoms, then I'd say you're at a 99.9% clean probability. I tend to stay away from 100% garantees, because you never know...

Go ahead and back that puppy up with Macrium :mrgreen:

===

Hi Gary :smile:

Those reports do look good indeed 8:)

You know... logs from tools only tell what they can, from what their databases and sometimes heuristics allow them to tell. You've certainly covered a lot of angles with those different tools, and I'd say your machine is most likely clean (very clean lol).

The best indicator of an infection remains the symptoms... When a rookit installs, it can hide from most tools sometimes, but the symptoms will be there to alert you. These symptoms include redirections and search results hijacking (with Google, for instance). If you have no such symptoms, then I'd say you're at a 99.9% clean probability. I tend to stay away from 100% garantees, because you never know...

Go ahead and back that puppy up with Macrium :mrgreen:

===

Hi friend!! I did a scan with GMER. I don't have a clue what it's telling me!!

gmer.zip

Hehehe. Now I can say you're 99.95% clean :mrgreen:

I am curious about one thing sitting on your Desktop though : 7l5syv2p.exe

Mind if I ask what that is ? :grin:

Edit : never mind Gary... I know exactly what 7l5syv2p.exe is :-P

(it's my favorite anti-rootkit tool LOL).

===

Hehehe. Now I can say you're 99.95% clean :mrgreen:

I am curious about one thing sitting on your Desktop though : 7l5syv2p.exe

Mind if I ask what that is ? :grin:

Edit : never mind Gary... I know exactly what 7l5syv2p.exe is :-P

(it's my favorite anti-rootkit tool LOL).

===

Hi my good friend!! Does this help getting me close to 100%??:mrgreen:

https://www.javacoolsoftware.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=14:roll:

Hi Gary ;

Isn't 99.95% close enough for you ? 8-)

You're not getting 100% out of me, ever. (call it experience, or paranoia...) :-P

Spyware Blaster is a nice passive protection app. Not sure it gets the job done anymore, in 2010, but it doesn't hurt to have it onboard.

Now you're sitting at 99.96% lol. That's probably the highest mark I'll ever give :mrgreen:

===

Archived