IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Suggestions for Game Booster

Why not just add a tab in Gamebooster2 that says "Game Shortcuts". You drag and drop game shortcuts to this windows with in Gamebooster2 rather than to the separate gamebox window. When you click on the shortcut, the red slider mover to the right, game mode begins and the game starts.

This way everything is run from Gamebooster reathe than 2 different programs.

Seems more intuitive to me.

If not, give us the ability to turn Gamebox off.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new update is cool,but there are still things that need a fix

For example: if i create game shortcut through steam, it will save it as a .url file and if i drag it it the "game box" it' ll place it with without its icon (it will be like installation icon).If i go "check update" in the interface, it will say that a new version is available, and if i click "ok" to download it, it' ll lead me to the same version download link (2.0 beta 3).Also, some applications that i close when using the "game mode" don't re-lunch when turning it off such as: ESET smart security 4.0.474.0, realtek (hd audio driver).

For example: if i create game shortcut through steam, it will save it as a .url file and if i drag it it the "game box" it' ll place it with without its icon (it will be like installation icon).If i go "check update" in the interface, it will say that a new version is available, and if i click "ok" to download it, it' ll lead me to the same version download link (2.0 beta 3).Also, some applications that i close when using the "game mode" don't re-lunch when turning it off such as: ESET smart security 4.0.474.0, realtek (hd audio driver).

Is this a suggestion for the next version or reporting a bug?

• 2 weeks later...

Game booster is GOOD

but to get premium, which is 10 dollars,its quite pricey.

It could use more functions to make it worth paying for it.

because i dont think that premium is really worth its price, just to get a few more privileges

SOOO

to make it worth it, it could use more functions that can help improve game performace.:wink:

U guys should make GameBooster able to be used with WarRock. Right now i can play with it but if i have to talk to a friend on MSN where i have to push the "Windows Logo" Key normally this would work. When i use gamebooster I push the "Windows Logo" Key and it Crashes WarRock??? :O

Hi kutzki

Why do you want to talk to a friend in the middle of a game? Why not play the game and then close Gamebooster and then talk through the MSN messenger?

Alternatively get a new computer so powerful and with so many resources that you do not need Gamebooster at all. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

U guys should make GameBooster able to be used with WarRock. Right now i can play with it but if i have to talk to a friend on MSN where i have to push the "Windows Logo" Key normally this would work. When i use gamebooster I push the "Windows Logo" Key and it Crashes WarRock??? :O

I would like the ability to turn off Game Box. Many people do not use it and resources are resources (especially for this product).

Thanks for a great product.

hi .buddy.

there is a solution to turn off Game box

.1.find the game booster icon on taskbar

2.right click the GB icon .

3.hide the Game box

its so easssssssssssy!

hi .buddy.

there is a solution to turn off Game box

.1.find the game booster icon on taskbar

2.right click the GB icon .

3.hide the Game box

its so easssssssssssy!

This stops it from showing but resources are still used.

We need a way to stop it from running. Maybe the premium version gives you that option which isn't available on the free version?

edits

after uve boosted ur system, you should be able to go into the details part to see whats been shut off and be able to right click an item to start running that SPECIFIC item again instead of having to go back to normal, change whats stopped, then turn on booster again ;-)

A few suggestions:

• Option to copy links into game-box instead of move them.
  • Maybe its possible that gamebooster detects started processes or periodically checks which are running and compared those with those in the gamebox. I understand that the process wouldn't be started through gamebooster thus detecting if its been shutdown might not be possible without the same process, which might not be preferred by many users while they are playing ( dunno how resource intensive it is anymore, its been years since i did process detection coding )
  • Add Mumble to the game essentials. Some gamers prefer that as voice chat application. I still have it installed but haven't used it in some time though, but might be useful for others.
  • Show drivers & Game essentials it checks, even if up to date. I currently have no idea which drivers are being checked as it says its all up to date. I know which essential it checks because i ignore most of them, but would still be nice to see which id does check.
  • Would it be possible to have Game Defrag option to list Steam games as well?
  • Finally, would it be possible to have a list of "warning/suggestion apps" to close. Let me explain. I often have a large list of applications running for developement purposes and do not always want to close these. So maybe I could configure them as a reminder with an option to close to per app for like Visual Studio/Ultraedit, FTP app, DB browsers, Graphics apps and others. I know it wouldnt be necessary for most users, but just a suggestion.
  • Maybe its possible to use directx dll hijacking to measure FPS speeds to compare the difference with and without gamebooster? That way I wouldn't have to run fraps or another app.

• 2 weeks later...
Updated today and saw the new Game Box. I think it's a great idea, however, I think it would be better if it linked itself to the shortcut (mine are on my desktop, but wherever you add it from) and ran as a background service that starts up with the OS. That way I can keep my shortcut where it is, not have an extra box and bar on my desktop, and still have gaming mode switch on when I click it. I like the box, but I only want to see it when I have Game Booster open. So keep the box in Game Booster, allowing me to drag the shortcut there, but keep the shortcut in it's original destination. Just a thought. :smile:

Or maybe make it work like D3D Overrider works. Make it a background process that detects the game and then enter gaming mode. That would be cool right? No messing around with shortcuts.

Just one.....

I think it would be cool to be able to automatically get to gaming mode at startup. My computer NEEDS gamebooster to run without crashing. So whenever I want to use my computer I have to open up gamebooster, which can be annoying and waste time, and press the button to get to gaming mode. If i can just get Gamebooster to just get to gaming mode just by starting up my computer that would be great......

Anyways, thanks, hope you try to make some changes.... :lol:

I think it would be cool to be able to automatically get to gaming mode at startup. My computer NEEDS gamebooster to run without crashing. So whenever I want to use my computer I have to open up gamebooster, which can be annoying and waste time, and press the button to get to gaming mode. If i can just get Gamebooster to just get to gaming mode just by starting up my computer that would be great......

Anyways, thanks, hope you try to make some changes.... :lol:

Just put the switch to gaming mode in the msconfig startup

• 1 month later...

The scrollbar appears, but I find unconfortable to scroll down when the game I want to play is near the bootom of the list and I put already 30+ shortcuts in the Game Box. I hope this is not a big thing to implement, but it would make my life easier... ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

To make Game Booster truly GAME Booster! I believe the current "Top Performance" settings should be available to All users and be renamed to "Basic Game Boost" or something similar.

Now we have options to tweak even more! And it can probably be called.. "Game Select Top Performance".

Every game have some different kinds of tweak to make it faster.

- It would be really cool and can greatly improve the software by giving users Game Choices to tweak.

For example, If the user plays Call of Duty, there will be a specific tweak for that game which tweaks more than the "Basic Game Boost"

- It can be grouped. If games have similar tweak, they can be grouped together.

- Added a "Search" bar there as well. Users are able to search for their game from the list.

- If their game is not listed, They can click on the "My game is not Listed here", and a Popup will come up, asking them to Type in their game name and It will be send to IObit. Also another message will be there saying something like, "Please temporary use the "Basic Game Booster" to boost your game for now."

With all that said,

- IObit will have to keep up with all the Games, and there are A LOT of games to be looked into

- Lots of human resources is required...

- Might affect and increase the recourses Game Booster is using.

Cheers.

Archived