IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

excess font/language removal

Hi scrd

It is quite easy to remove fonts yourself.

In the old days Arial Unicode was optional, but today I think it is necessary. It is still the largest font I have.

I have about 650 fonts that takes up about 250 MB room - the twenty largest fonts takes up almost 200 MB - very few of those fonts would I like to be without.

Languages - well if it is only extra languages in some programs like IObits

it is also quite easy to get rid of those by oneself - just delete all except your native language and English. (you'll get them all back next time the program is updated.) ;-)

In the other programs like Window, IE - and others - I think it could bring a lot of trouble to delete everything except your native language and English. For one thing you wouldn't be able to change your regional settings in the control panel.

Cheers

solbjerg

Heres something for the techs to think about,

how about programs to remove unwanted/excess fonts and language files, im sure there are mass of them and it would speedup virus and malware checks

fonts and stuff

in all the time ive been on pcs ive probably only used half a dozen fonts, fair enough when your viewing other sites it increases dramatically, but they are a large resource within the initial program set, the same can be said for the language files.

i must admit this is purely my own view but watching the av's,asc and 360 running thru these fonts and files there are a lot of them.

But the option would still be nice

Hi scrd

Yes, perhaps, but concerning the fonts I would expect that you would have to select them anyway in such a program - and I think that it is just as easy to select them in your font folder in Windows.

(possible small problem would probably be that they would get installed again during a sfc /scannow? - on the other hand one could just then delete them again) :-)

The language issue is more complex I think so I do not have a definitive stand on that question.

I have seen the scan running through them too, but don't feel that it takes very long (some few seconds I think).

Cheers

solbjerg

in all the time ive been on pcs ive probably only used half a dozen fonts, fair enough when your viewing other sites it increases dramatically, but they are a large resource within the initial program set, the same can be said for the language files.

i must admit this is purely my own view but watching the av's,asc and 360 running thru these fonts and files there are a lot of them.

But the option would still be nice

Archived