IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Turbo mode

clayp

Hi clayp

If you have turned TurboBoost ON, you don't have to keep ASC running.

If you want to close the TurboBoost, you should either run ASC again and turn OFF the Turbo Boost, or Restart the PC to turn OFF Turbo Boost.'

So, the answer to your question is a NO if the program in question is ASC.:-)

Cheers.

Hi friend!!

Hi clayp

If you have turned TurboBoost ON, you don't have to keep ASC running.

If you want to close the TurboBoost, you should either run ASC again and turn OFF the Turbo Boost, or Restart the PC to turn OFF Turbo Boost.'

So, the answer to your question is a NO if the program in question is ASC.:-)

Cheers.

Hi friend!! I have been doing a lot of research and testing of memory. It looks like TurboBoost works kind of like restarting your PC. It frees a lot of memory when you first turn it on , but doesn't do any thing after that, and if you want it to clear memory, you have to turn it off and then back on. If I have this wrong please correct me. That is what I have observed. If you have plenty of memory, then it really does very little good, unless you just like to see a lot of free memory in Smart Ram. It does release a lot of memory when you first turn it on after you have been using your PC for a while. If you turn it on after right after a reboot, then not much memory is released. It usually frees about 60MB of RAM it I turn it on after I have been using my PC for a while. I just turn it on and then turn it off after it frees memory. That's the way I see how it works. Please correct me where I'm wrong, which I am very frequently.===garybear

Hi garybear,

All you say is OK, and Turbo Boost should act like that except it is like restarting, and Turbo Boost does not only free RAM.

It closes some services and processes that you choose to have more available CPU for the action you want to use in your PC. This also releases the RAM that they are using too.

As long as Turbo Boost is ON, those services and programs that are closed do not use either CPU or RAM.

When you restart, all the programs and services run in startup, so starting Turbo Boost should always be better than restart.

One more thing, TB releases memory again if you turn it on after turning off becaue the started services and programs start to use RAM again, so when you turn it on, again those sevices and programs that are closed releases the RAM they are using.

If you have questions, please shoot.:grin:

Cheers.

Hi enoskype!!

Hi enoskype!! I think you already said this, but in my words. When you turn Turbo Boost on, it frees up memory from certain programs and they will be slow to load the first time after you have turned on TB. After the first time, then they load normal speed. I'm really not sure what the benefit to leaving it on, but it doesn't seem to hurt any thing to leave it on. I'll try to capture a screen shot and add it to this post. Thanks my friend for explaining TB.==garybear PS I got it captured !!

Hi friend!!

Hi friend!! I'm going to add this post to this thread although it probably belongs some where else. I do not run ASC3 in my tray, and I do not let it up date automatically. I want to know what it's cleaning and I don't want it cleaning automatically. I also want it to up date it manually. Running ASC3 in the tray just uses memory. I'm particular who gets my RAM:lol: I run ASC3 once or twice a month and that's all. Even though I like a clean PC, automatic cleaning is a little over board for me. Different strokes for different folks. That's my 2 cents:mrgreen:

Turbo Boost ?

Hi gary :smile:

Wouldn't that be TurboBoost you are seeing in TaskManager ?

Have a look at my screenshots and you will see I have the same settings as you except I have TB turned Off

In my screenshots there is nothing running according to TaskManager and Services.

All the best, woz of oz

Just a guess

Since our settings are the same except for TB I just took a guess that AWC.exe was actually TB

What happens when you turn TB Off, does AWC.exe disappear ?

PS: I am no expert on TB and I have only tried it once but since I have already pruned back my Services etc to minimal then TB didn't make much difference :wink:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi friend!!

Hi guys,

FYI,

TurboBoost.exe runs only when opening and closing TurboBoost, otherwise there is no running process for TB.

Cheers.

Hi friend!! If I'm understanding TB right. It works a little like the Black Viper. It turns off services that you don't use all the time, and returns their memory back to the system, until you use that service or process again. That's why they are slow to load the first time. The difference between TB and the Viper is the Viper disables the service and TB just turn it off temporary. I like TB better than the Viper.==garybear PS I'm probably got this wrong, but that's how I see it. I have some things in services disabled, but I prefer to just change them to manual. I welcome your comments my friend!!

Archived