IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Does ASC System File Checker Add Back Windows Components?

When i ran the system file checker it prompted me to insert the windows xp installation cd. I am asking because i was having problems adding back some windows components i had accidentally deleted just using the cd itself. It would get about a quarter of the way and freeze up my computer, but with the ASC system file checker it worked without a hitch. But did it add back my components?

Hi friend!!

When i ran the system file checker it prompted me to insert the windows xp installation cd. I am asking because i was having problems adding back some windows components i had accidentally deleted just using the cd itself. It would get about a quarter of the way and freeze up my computer, but with the ASC system file checker it worked without a hitch. But did it add back my components?

Hi jckinnick!! Please read this to understand sfc /scannow. PS What components are you trying to add??

Hi jckinnick!! Please read this to understand sfc /scannow. PS What components are you trying to add??

Im trying to add back Management and Monitoring Tools and Networking Services. It keeps freezing up when it gets to "configuration of management and monitoring tools".

Hi jckinnick

Have you tried Add/Remove Windows components in the contol panel under Add/Remove programs?

Perhaps first remove them - restart - then add the Windows components again - and restart.

The sfc /scannow command in Run and the other switches are explained in Usage of IObit Products.

Did you put in the XP install disc?

What do you mean when you say freeze? What did the sfc window say?

Cheers

solbjerg

Im trying to add back Management and Monitoring Tools and Networking Services. It keeps freezing up when it gets to "configuration of management and monitoring tools".

Hi jckinnick

Have you tried Add/Remove Windows components in the contol panel under Add/Remove programs?

Perhaps first remove them - restart - then add the Windows components again - and restart.

The sfc /scannow command in Run and the other switches are explained in Usage of IObit Products.

Did you put in the XP install disc?

What do you mean when you say freeze? What did the sfc window say?

Cheers

solbjerg

I inserted the disk and and tried adding them every way there is. When i say it freezes my computer freezes up and will not do anything i have to shut it off manually. There is no window that says anything.

Hi jckinnick

Please read in Usage of IObit Products about how to use the command sfc /scannow

Have you tried my suggestion through the control panel?

When you say shut off manually - do you mean closing the switch on the wall? Or pressing the start button on the computer until the machine powers down?

A chkdsk wouldn't hurt either!

Cheers

solbjerg

I inserted the disk and and tried adding them every way there is. When i say it freezes my computer freezes up and will not do anything i have to shut it off manually. There is no window that says anything.

Hi jckinnick

Please read in Usage of IObit Products about how to use the command sfc /scannow

Have you tried my suggestion through the control panel?

When you say shut off manually - do you mean closing the switch on the wall? Or pressing the start button on the computer until the machine powers down?

A chkdsk wouldn't hurt either!

Cheers

solbjerg

By shut off manually i mean i have to press the start button to turn it off. I've also ran a chkdsk and it checked out ok.

Ok jckinnick

But what about the Add/Remove Windows components suggestion?

Cheers

solbjerg

• 3 months later...

Re: Does ASC System File Checker Add Back Windows Components?

Hi jckinnick

What chkdsk did you run - from where? chkdsk /f ?? in Run - or through right click on C: and choosing the full chkdsk - both for programs and for empty space?

Didn't sfc /scannow in Run give you any feedback?

Does your Event Viewer show any error messages? (computer administration/log/applications)

Cheers

solbjerg

I tried that too.

Archived