IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

****HELP**** ive got some major issues!!!!!!!!!!

jsr27

:evil: my laptop os which is vista died on me and i had to reinstall and delete all the data on the backup drive. i do have a backup saved to a dvd disk.when i start vista i cant get the drivers to work! i also cant find my backup hard drive. its telling me that the cd drive is named D:\ but my backup drive use to be D:\. please help thanks:|

if this helps pull the cd cable of and try again.this should find the drive?

its telling me that the cd drive is named D:\ but my backup drive use to be D:\.

ether that or the drive is not readable..you will know one way or the other.

possible reason is missing drivers..bit normal it should..

i have to admit i know nothing about laptops,

sometimes depending what happens the system fails to read external drives.

and i asume this is what we are talking about..

ok you could try this as well plug in the drive into the cd cable and give that a shot.replace the drive with the cd cable itself..?

itsmejjj

D and D

..... its telling me that the cd drive is named D:\ but my backup drive use to be D:\......

This happens all the time on my Netbook running XP.

Just today I put an SD card in and it was called D and it worked ok

I took out the SD card and plugged in my USB Flashdrive and it was called D it worked ok as well.

I guess the Notebook just assigns it the next available letter and when you un-plug that letter becomes available again.

As far as I know it is not a problem but can be an inconvenience if you want to create shortcuts to the external drives, Flashdrives and cards like I have.

There is some software that will allow you to assign a certain letter to an external drive, Flashdrive etc and that will always remain the same. You can even give it a letter like X so there is no confusion.

I read about it but I haven't bothered to try any.

(By the way, Macrium Reflect has this feature)

All the best, woz of oz

Archived