IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

ASC Renewal Policy

jfpOne23

Greetings Gents,

I bought ASC Pro about a year ago and like it very much. I don't run it 24/7 and don't have it set to auto-remind me for updates and such.

I started up ASC this morning and it prompts me for a renewal of course. As I didn't want to go through the process right away, I closed down the pop-up (with the upper right <x> as there was no other option) and proceeded to run my basic maintenance stuff ...but when it came time to do the "removals", the program prompted me to renew AGAIN and then refused to finish my processes when I closed the Pop-Up down AGAIN.

Now I'll give IObit the benefit of the doubt here and say I hope that I just missed some setting somewhere and can still use my "outdated" version of ASC Pro (ver. 3.6.0). But I couldn't find anything wrong/unusual in my settings/options.

Am I not able to run my current version of ASC Pro as it used to run unless I renew? Is my once "Pro" version now reverted back to the limited "Free" version?

Thanks for any answers.

Hi jfpOne

What does your user account say?

Please send a screenshot of the information there - please blank out sensitive information.

If you should want to revert to the free version, I recommend a totally Clean Install!

Cheers

solbjerg

Greetings Gents,

I bought ASC Pro about a year ago and like it very much. I don't run it 24/7 and don't have it set to auto-remind me for updates and such.

I started up ASC this morning and it prompts me for a renewal of course. As I didn't want to go through the process right away, I closed down the pop-up (with the upper right <x> as there was no other option) and proceeded to run my basic maintenance stuff ...but when it came time to do the "removals", the program prompted me to renew AGAIN and then refused to finish my processes when I closed the Pop-Up down AGAIN.

Now I'll give IObit the benefit of the doubt here and say I hope that I just missed some setting somewhere and can still use my "outdated" version of ASC Pro (ver. 3.6.0). But I couldn't find anything wrong/unusual in my settings/options.

Am I not able to run my current version of ASC Pro as it used to run unless I renew? Is my once "Pro" version now reverted back to the limited "Free" version?

Thanks for any answers.

Hi jfpOne23,

As far as I know, when the time for license code expires, you have two choices.

1. Renew the license to continue using ASC as Pro,

or,

2. Delete (or move) the License.dat file in ASC folder to use ASC as a Free version. (It does not revert back to free automatically.)

Cheers.

Edit: sorry solbjerg, posted without seeing your reply.

Quite alright :-) your answer is easier to follow :-) Cheers solbjerg

Thanks for the quick response Gents.

Can you please point me to the page/pages where I would have seen this info when I paid the "fee" for a one year license only?

Not the entire document, but the specific page that told me I would lose Pro functionality after one year from purchase if I did not renew.

I don't recall seeing that ASC Pro is a subscription based software product, but I could easily have missed that little piece of info if it is "tucked away" in some huge document. "Lost in the Fine Print" as it were :wink:

Thanks again Gents!

Hi jfpOne

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5520&stc=1&d=1277208550

Just click Professional under User Account, - this will give you sufficient information I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

Can you please point me to the page/pages where I would have seen this info when I paid the "fee" for a one year license only?

Not the entire document, but the specific page that told me I would lose Pro functionality after one year from purchase if I did not renew.

I don't recall seeing that ASC Pro is a subscription based software product, but I could easily have missed that little piece of info if it is "tucked away" in some huge document. "Lost in the Fine Print" as it were :wink:

Thanks again Gents!

IObit website

Thanks again Gents!

It's on the front page at the IObit website @

http://www.iobit.com/

Advanced SystemCare PRO

1 year license for 1 PC

All the best, woz of oz

Archived