IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

changing to ADSL+

itsmejjj

i want to say is i shall be without the Internet fore a while.

i am of line after 12 midnight Sunday as we are changing 520k to ADSL+

the provider we been with the last 18 years do not have it..!

and looking for a new provider.Monday we travel to the big smoke and check this out.then i think after a deal is struck.(if happy) and the right provider,takes a week to set up 7 days or so..we have one locall that is on ADSL+ we will go there first.but want to be paid by bank.and do not accept cash over the counter.we think.if thy do, we will probably use them.any how we work it out..

ok just to let you know..

itsmejjj

well the bell is going ta ring very soon ,i just found out that this old provider sold out to some new people.any how see you all when the change over is done.

.i do not not when or how long..and its going to be aw fall, but we want the speed .this 560k is to slow nowadays, time to move on..and get some speed

oh looking forwards to this..

jjj

hi all we are back on..and it is very fast indeed.wof! i mean that it took a bit of getting the right provider,and after a deal was struck,we are very happy..

and got this at a cheep rate ta boot.50gig anytime $50 total now that's very cheep to what i was paying..and the speed i had.ADSL 520k ,now running at adsl+2

and the speed is above 1.5+k is absolutely marvelous!

we ran a few tests using proxy and non proxy and i cant be leave this..its hardly any different..its probably 15% less then using a non proxy..and to us thats nothing to what we are and were used to..

i advice any one who can get it change over to this newer type internet.adsl+2

itsmejjj

• 3 weeks later...

always check the filter!

well its been fun and frustrating at the same time.we sat around talking speed.

and listening to the technical talk ,was rather dumbfounded,as to my speed.

running the toolbox,and the site to test the speed,seemed rather fast.well it improved.by 512or s0 download.total av,4,20.slight varying at times.friend of ours was there telling us about the provider.he is using(same as us)and the speed he was getting.near 8+k..down 1.0 up av... this i did not be leave and we started to talk about it..any how to cut this sorter,got home ran some tests .and yes the same av.ok new modem installed,(test) was terrible, put my old one back and presto we were back av,4.20 ---so now we stated to wonder a brand new modem and it fails..? ok back on played around with its internal settings...and still hopeless,we noted every time the phone rang it would gut out the modem..well my thinking was,no big deal.used to do this with the old dail up 64k days..ah the phone must be crook! ok new phone.plunged it on..and same! next day joh came in with a new filter,,

try this when plugged on .tested the speed .and boom 9.80 and av of 11..

in closer. downloading..

1.20 up..! we have hit 2.00

tested my old router.and the same slightly faster!

so a simple thing like a filter Uh.

the one i had was for my D- link 2000 adsl. and the new ones look different as well are for ADSL+2 --and every thing is perfect

after 2 days of fiddling about..trying every thing..

and downloading is a blinder! talk about fast 800mg movie 14minits! and in the drive..

itsmejjj

Archived