IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWC v2.3 Fixed version!

Tim Xue

multiple user NOT fixed

The multiple user problem listed in topic "bug report" - "problem after upgrade" is still NOT fixed. If you open the program as the second administrator account, it still shows "Trial version" and still shows "unknown" for OS type, CPU, ect. -shows same error if you click "details". No change in the "multiple user" bug area.

Thanks,

samr.

fixed multi user

I uninstalled AWC 2.3 and deleted the .dll then re-installed from the mirror link above. That did the trick! Works great.

Something else strange now. I did intall Smart Defrag Beta 2 in the same log on session. Now it seems to hang up when I go to log off user. I have to click start-log off-log off about three times before it will log off. Not sure if problem is AWC or Smart Defrag Beta 2. Will try to figure out which program is causing the problem and re-post when I do.

samr.

log off problem

I found that the log off problem has to do with smart defrag v. 2. If anyone else is having this problem that installed both programs at the same time, you might want to check the bug report section in the Smart Defrag section of the forum.

samr.

uninstall old version prior to installing new version ?

Hi, Just want to make sure I have this right before I delete anything. Do I need to uninstall my original AWC prior to installing the new version ? Any help would be appreciated.

uninstall?

Hi Edna,

Usually you should not have to uninstall before installing the new version. When you check for updates and download the update it will uninstall the old version before installing the new version. However, if you are having any of the three problems that Tim lists in the first subject under this topic, you might want to uninstall-then go to my computer-then windows- then find the file "MSVRC20.dll" and right click and delete it. Then come back to the forum and download from the link in Tim's message in the first subject above. This corrects a problem trying to use the program as another administrator user on the computer. However, if you do this, have your registration key number handy. You will have to re-register. If you are not having these problems, I would just wait and download any updates on "check for updates".

samr.

Re: AWC v2.3 Fixed version!

Hi, everybody! There is a mirror version of AWC v2.30, please download it from http://www.iobit.com/files/AWCPro.exe

------

What's new:

*Fix bug in multi user account with password protection.

*Fix auto dial-up problem when AWC starts up.

*Fix bug in System Analysis module in Windows Vista.

OK, i know how to fix this program from hanging in Vista...

right click ALL the .exe files and choose compatibility tab then choose run in compatibility mode for windows XP SP2... (you need to do this both ways as normal user and with clicking "show settings for all users") so you do this twice for each file... (this will fix the problem with your video card and processor not being detected)

(NOW... this is where the hang fix comes in... with system analysis scan)

ADD "%system root%\system32\trkwks.dll" to your ignore list, that fixed my problem...

I also had a problem with AWC removing Aero Glass and added optimize visual effects to the ignore list as well...

make sure everyone downloads the new version and that they delete the .dll file before they reinstall the new program...

I hope this helps someone. enjoy

Archived