IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

OE Problem

Ted

A friend of mine is using Outlook Express and is on dialup. His problem is that OE keeps timing out on long messages. The server Timeout is set for the maximum of five minutes. I remember fixing this problem years ago when I was using OE, but I can't remember how I did it. Does anyone here know?

Hi there Ted,

Gee, I had this happen as well, but it was a long time ago.

This page might help :

https://www.esolutions.net/faq/index.php?action=artikel&cat=374185&id=212&artlang=en

I'd remove the "Hang up after sending and receiving" first, then check if the problem persists.

If it does persist, go to "Disable Idle Disconnects" entirely. Even though there is no idling, OE does funny things and might react to large email downloads as idling...

===

Sunny,

Yes, another email client would simplify things. I like Thunderbird myself even though it is slow to launch initially.

So_sad Thanks for your tips, although I have tried most of them. Can't remember how I cured mine all that time ago. Could have had something to do with my virus protection.

Archived