IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

What have I done?

Ted

Hi, All,

Last week Speccy kept displaying a message stating that the Runtime had to close the programme unexpectedy. On their forum, someone sugested updating to the latest version of Frame Network and deleting the old versions. I deleted all the Frame Network folders I could find in Windows and installed the new version. All appeared well, but now I find that WMP11 wont play MP files. I tried a System Restore, but that didn't help. What did I do wrong and how can I correct it?

Hi Ted

Something untowards apparently happened.

I would download WMP 11

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/downloads/windows-media-player

and do a Clean Install.

See how that works

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, All,

Last week Speccy kept displaying a message stating that the Runtime had to close the programme unexpectedy. On their forum, someone sugested updating to the latest version of Frame Network and deleting the old versions. I deleted all the Frame Network folders I could find in Windows and installed the new version. All appeared well, but now I find that WMP11 wont play MP files. I tried a System Restore, but that didn't help. What did I do wrong and how can I correct it?

Hi, All,

I deleted all the Frame Network folders I could find in Windows and installed the new version.

Hi Ted,

Do I understand you have not uninstalled MS .NET Framework lesser versions, but deleted the folders?

If so, I would strongly advise to install them again and then uninstall them.

Use .NET Framework Cleanup Tool 09-12-2009 for clean up.

If not possible to install again, use Windows Installer CleanUp Utility which is not supported by Microsoft anymore, to uninstall first then try to install. Use a sequence of uninstalling newest first, and installing the oldest first.

Cheers.

Hi, solbjerg, sunny and enoskype,

Many thanks for your input. I had removed all versions of NET.Framewok using "Add or Remove Programs" in Control Panel, then installed the new version. Should that have been okay or should I now use the NET.Framewok Cleanup Tool?

Hi Ted

I have Wavepad version 4.03, no problem by me but I only have wavepad - not any of the other add-ons.

I have seen that message though a long time ago after I had updated the program. I solved it then by uninstalling and doing a clean install of the version I originally had. This version is a free unlicensed basic version.

Have you solved the WMP issue? Tried the sfc /scannow in run?

Were your registry settings as enoskype said?

Cheers

solbjerg

Actually, here's another clue: When I try to open an MP3 file now I get the attached message. I do have the free version of WavePad. A missing codec, perhaps?

Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions offered in this problem. I have now solved it, quite simple, really. I don't know why, but the MP3 box was unchecked in my WMP11 Library/More Options/ File Types. A gremlin, no doubt. I've run a virus check with Avast and done a scan with SUPERAntiSpyware. All negative.

Archived