IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

PC security analysis showing 3 security holes

dermotk

PC security analysis on 10 bit security 360 is showing 3 security holes with security update microsoft .net framework 2.0 sp2 and 3.5 sp1 on windows server 2003 and windows xp x 86 (KB 2418241)

and security update microsoft .net framework 3.5 sp1 on windows xp,windows server 2003,windows vista,windows server 2008,x 86(KB2416473)security update microsoft .net framework 1.1 sp1 on windows xp,windows vista,windows server 2008,x86(KB2416447)and advises to install this update from microsoft KBid241824 but microsoft help and support page says their are no documents that match your search,

can any body help with this problem?

Hi dermotk

Have you tried running Microsoft update, to ensure that you have these security updates?

If you have them, it is then just that the security hole data base hasn't registered it and have those items listed.

I had that happen once here and just deleted that outdated information in SecurityHoles.db - located in the folder.

If something untowards happens - just do a Clean Install. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

PC security analysis on 10 bit security 360 is showing 3 security holes with security update microsoft .net framework 2.0 sp2 and 3.5 sp1 on windows server 2003 and windows xp x 86 (KB 2418241)

and security update microsoft .net framework 3.5 sp1 on windows xp,windows server 2003,windows vista,windows server 2008,x 86(KB2416473)security update microsoft .net framework 1.1 sp1 on windows xp,windows vista,windows server 2008,x86(KB2416447)and advises to install this update from microsoft KBid241824 but microsoft help and support page says their are no documents that match your search,

Automatic Update ?

I do not get those updates notifications when I scan.

I did a manual update on 1st October as part of my weekly PC Clean & Tune, those updates were available and I installed them.

I notice that although KB2418241 was successfully installed during my Manual update it was later installed again during an Automatic update. This could mean that the update was updated or maybe it's just a 'Windows thing' :roll:

Do you have Windows Automatic Updates turned On and install automatically ?

I suggest you go to the Windows update page, select Custom and see if they were installed. If they were then you can just ignore them.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6057&stc=1&d=1286421495

By the way, if you searched KBid241824 this is wrong, it guess it should be KB2418241 (no id and the 1 is missing)

All the best, woz of oz

PC security analysis showing 3 security holes

solbjerg and wozofoz thank you for your reply to my problem,microsoft system tells me all 3 updates were successfully installed,i actually deleted the 3 updates via add and remove programs (but they still showed up on microsoft website as installed successfully)and as i have automatic updates on, my system reinstalled them,i have now deleted security holes.db and going to reinstall 10bit security 360 to update security holes.db to see will that solve the problem.

thanks again for your assistance.

dermotk

Archived