IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Right click problem

Iztok67

Hi Iztok67,

Are you sure that you wrote the command value right?

Please copy and paste directly from below:

C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\is360.exe -ScanMode SeperateScan

(If you are using Windows Vista/Win7 x64, then use the correct path with the same command added at the end.)

Watch the spaces: is360.exe(space)-ScanMode(space)SeperateScan

BTW, for the icon add the below string value to IObit Security 360 key.(That we added as in last post.)

Right click IObit Security 360 on left pane and choose NEW>String Value

Rename it as Icon in the right pane and choose Modify to add the Value Data as: C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\is360.exe

(Again for Win x64 use correct path.)

Let's make this work first, we will look to unlock and delete after.

Cheers.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

solbjerg:

yes it is automatic and started and i already played with stoping, starting and restarting. No help.

enoskype:

i did a mistake before and didnt take in acaunt that it must be Program Files (x86). Meanwhile i repair mistake. Result is that right click open IS360 mai window and that is all. No scaning. It is same like if i double click desktop icon.

Thank you both

Iztok

Hi Iztok

I really don't understand why a totally clean uninstall doesn't set it right.

Use a good uninstaller like fx. Revo and the advanced cleaning, where you choose to let it delete everything.

To be doubly sure check if any folders or files are left.

Check the registry too!

Run ASC all cleaning operations.

Restart!

Then download a new Install file, unblock it and install the program again.

To my mind that ought to do it.

Have you previously to this trouble played around with the context menues?

Have you checked if you have the setting "let windows choose the best setting for the computer"?

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg:

yes it is automatic and started and i already played with stoping, starting and restarting. No help.

enoskype:

i did a mistake before and didnt take in acaunt that it must be Program Files (x86). Meanwhile i repair mistake. Result is that right click open IS360 mai window and that is all. No scaning. It is same like if i double click desktop icon.

Thank you both

Iztok

I allready try all your sugestions multiple times. I use Advanced Uninstaller PRO 10, do manuall cleaning of registry, let AWC cleaning with reg. cleaner included, i never had contex menu troubles before or trying to do anithing regarding contex menu and "lets windows decide what is best for my computer" on since i build my PC and i downloaded 4 difrent install files (from 1.41 to 1.50 from difrent sites. I tryed everithing short of fresh instal of windows (which i wont do, at least not to remedy thise problem). I am complitly out of ideas what else i coud try.

Thank you for help

Iztok

P.S. i forgot to add, i also tried all thise in safe mode with same result

Hi Iztok ;)

Sorry about the allusions earlier, about downloading and everything. Being involved with malware has just made me more aware of certain aspects of computing life... and I have kids, too. I won't push any further, as you seem to have made some well informed decisions based on personal choices. I may be able to suggest more protection, specific to your needs. More on that a little later...

Just a suggestion for the right-click situation : have you tried from different accounts ? If you only have one account, then I'd suggest you create a new account with administrator privileges and try from that one; it could be registry corruption on your account that is causing these issues...

===

I did make new accaunt and is the same. No right click option. I also tried uninstaling my antivirus (only for short time), mbam and winpatrol but nothing helped. I really dont know any more what to try. If you still have some ace up the sleve woud be nice :)

Thank you for your efort and time.

Iztok

Hi Iztok

Have you tried adding the commands to your right click menu?

If you open explorer without inadvertently marking anything you can click on files in the menu line and then new and then shortcut - navigate to programs/Iobit/is360/powerfuldelete.exe and accept that, this should give you the option Unlock&Delete in your right click menu.

As for scan with Iobit security I am not quite sure, -same procedure - but I think you must navigate to IS360tray.exe and choose that.

Please report if this works by you.

Cheers

solbjerg

Yes it is.

Hi Iztok,

If solbjerg's latest suggestion doesn't work, could you answer a few questions for me please ?

1) You've just mentionned WinPatrol, which I didn't know you had, so now I'd really like to know about all the protection software you have installed on that machine ; anti-malware, anti-spyware (Pro or Free versions), firewall if any, etc... This to determine whether you have too many of them or not.

2) I believe you use registry cleaners, so I'd like to know how many you have and how often you use them, please.

Just one quick comment about your antivirus (F-Secure) : it is one of the poorest performers I've seen in recent years. No joke. Many ISPs around the globe have partnered up with them and that is sad, mainly because these ISPs charge a lot for them and the program isn't effective against the latest and more sophisticated malware. If you pay montly for this, then it should be easy for you to cancel and get a much better antivirus. You could pay for a top performer, but there are some that are really good, for free.

One last comment : I know you'd like to solve this IS360 context menu problem and the guys here are really going above and beyond the call of duty to get it fixed for you. Now, with what you have now and hoping you get a better antivirus, I really think you'd have enough, including Unlocker of course. You may have too much, but I'll let you know once you supply us with a list of programs you have for protection. There is one more thing you can do, to check files individually : go to a site that scans files with multiple antivirus and some anti-malware engines, like VirusTotal, VirScan or Jotti ; this is a bit slower than right-click analysis from one program, but the depth of 30 to 43 different databases gives you a better picture of what you have.

I can get into different strategies for your situation if you'd like, but I'll wait until you "resolve" this thing with right-clicking, one way or the other.

===

Hi So_sad and Iztok

Yes I can't really understand how the context menu got changed, one would expect a virus to block the scan possibility but why the unlock&delete one? So the most likely reason seems to be that someone on the computer inadvertently have removed the possibilities.

I have edited my previous post a bit - the command for a new shortcut in the case of Scan with IObit Security is IS360tray.exe instead of just IS360.exe. Sorry - should have checked more thoroughly at first. :-(

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi Iztok,

If solbjerg's latest suggestion doesn't work, could you answer a few questions for me please ?

1) You've just mentionned WinPatrol, which I didn't know you had, so now I'd really like to know about all the protection software you have installed on that machine ; anti-malware, anti-spyware (Pro or Free versions), firewall if any, etc... This to determine whether you have too many of them or not.

2) I believe you use registry cleaners, so I'd like to know how many you have and how often you use them, please.

Just one quick comment about your antivirus (F-Secure) : it is one of the poorest performers I've seen in recent years. No joke. Many ISPs around the globe have partnered up with them and that is sad, mainly because these ISPs charge a lot for them and the program isn't effective against the latest and more sophisticated malware. If you pay montly for this, then it should be easy for you to cancel and get a much better antivirus. You could pay for a top performer, but there are some that are really good, for free.

One last comment : I know you'd like to solve this IS360 context menu problem and the guys here are really going above and beyond the call of duty to get it fixed for you. Now, with what you have now and hoping you get a better antivirus, I really think you'd have enough, including Unlocker of course. You may have too much, but I'll let you know once you supply us with a list of programs you have for protection. There is one more thing you can do, to check files individually : go to a site that scans files with multiple antivirus and some anti-malware engines, like VirusTotal, VirScan or Jotti ; this is a bit slower than right-click analysis from one program, but the depth of 30 to 43 different databases gives you a better picture of what you have.

I can get into different strategies for your situation if you'd like, but I'll wait until you "resolve" this thing with right-clicking, one way or the other.

===

so_sad:

Abaut F-secure:

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/ondret/avc_od_aug2010.pdf

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/ondret/avc_report25.pdf

http://www.av-comparatives.org/images/stories/test/ondret/avc_report26.pdf

I used to use Avast pro (4.8 paid version), but find out (the hard way) that F-secure is way better. A lot better and i wont change it for nothing. They also have (i imagine that other antivirus vendors also) quick response from their laboratory (?) when i send them false positives and it is repair in data base the same day. Maybe it take some more sesources then other AV but that dosent matter. I dont know where you heard that F-secure is bad or how did you tested it but i ashure you that you have wrong. It did find a lot (well not A LOT but quite few) more viruses than Avast or Panda internet scan did. And i checked, it wasnt false positive and it wasnt tracking cookies (like some others AV and then claim how good they are). F-secure is really good (for me) product and i will stay with it.

I dont use reg. cleaners. If i need cleaning registry i do it by hand and only things i am shure are O.K. to delete. I rather have biger registry with some mistakes and working PC then not :smile: . I only use ASCs reg cleaner once when solbjerg instructed me to clean my PC with ASC. Other then thath, reg. cleaners are big NO NO for me. Better safe then sorry :smile:

I use F-secure with firewall, MBAM pro realtime, windows defender (well i dont use it, it is just turned on :)), win patrol and i am thinking abaut IS360 on demand maybe realtime, i didnt tested it jet.

If i decide to use some software i do that only after atlest 2 weaks testing on MY PC. I read reviews but ultimatly is my PC who decide what it likes and what not :) .

I use virustotal service and have their uploader instaled which enables uploading files to virustotal with right click. Here it is:

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,68724-order,6-page,1/description.html

I hope thise answer is not to long and now i am going to try solbjergs sollution.

Have a nice day

Iztok

Hi Iztok

Open Explorer

When explorer is open the top line is usually the menu line where you have "File" - "Edit" - View" - etc.

If you inadvertently have marked a file/folder in the right pane you won't have the "New" option in "File", that was the reason I wrote it

Otherwise you have that "New" option with the further option of either a folder or a shortcut. Choose the shortcut and follow the outlined procedure.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I think the procedure for adding to the right click menu is described in Usage of IObit Products thread. :-)

solbjerg:

Sorry i dont understand what you mean with:

If you open explorer without inadvertently marking anything you can click on files in the menu line

What "files in menu line" means?

Thank you

Iztok

Ok Iztok

Sorry - I was describing how it looks in XP

In your case the command must then be available under "Organize" is my guess.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I think I saw somewhere that the help in the newest OS is not in the program anymore but on the internet, nevertheless one should be able to ask there about "how to add an item to the right-click menu".

p.p.s. there must still be very very many millions of users that use XP

Usually it takes about three releases of new OS's for an outstanding one to come along - we have only had two since XP :-)

That is what i have:

No problem, i was thinkinking that you mean XP, but better to ask.

Under organize there is no option for new shortcut, folder or file. Stupid Microsoft, canceling most usefull options. There is no right click and options "coppy to...." and "move to..." in Vista :-(. And in explorer bar there is no option to delete selected file :-( . I really like Vista but those "litle" things are anoying. I dont understand why they did remove most basic and useful options. But that is not a place for such a debate :smile:.

So your advice is to ask Microsoft on-line help how to add comand to right click?

Iztok

Hi Iztok67,

• I think you can have the Menu bar if you put a check mark in front of:

Organize>Layout>Menu bar :-)

• For adding command to right click, you can use the procedure I have described before if a command does not need (or if you know) the switch for the command.

Post #23

Registry Editor>Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell

Right click on shell and choose to create New> Key for the process you want to run and follow the rest in the procedure, command entry, etc.

OK here it is for Unlock & Delete:

Go to: Registry Editor>Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell

Right click on shell and choose to create New> Key.

Rename the key as Unlock & Delete

Right click on (Default) on the right pane and Modify, put Value Data: Unlock && Delete

Right click on Unlock & Delete (on the left) and choose to create New> Key

Rename the key as Command

Right click on (Default) on the right pane and Modify, put Value Data: C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\d_powerfuldelete.exe

Right click Unlock & Delete on left pane and choose NEW>String Value

Rename it as Icon in the right pane and choose Modify to add the Value Data as: C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\is360.exe

(Please use the correct paths for Program Files (x86) for Windows x64 OSs)

Cheers.

enoskype:

If i do that all i get is unlock delete command in right click and when i click it it only opens unlock and delete like when you click it in IS360. And i was carefull to do it for x64 system so no mistake on my end thise time. And also there is no red icon in front (not that that matters :))

Iztok

Hi Iztok67,

I have added the icon part later please refresh the forum page.

Yes, the result is as expected and intended as otherwise it would immediately delete the item.

You know, all these could be because of Vista x64, and I can not repeat because I don't have any Windows x64 OS on my PCs/Laptops.

Cheers.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6092&d=1287492942

Hi Iztok

Yes - sorry - my mistake

Instead of Explorer - open The folder "Send to" under your username (with administrator rights) and then follow the rest of the procedures described.

It is at least worth a try :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. I am sorry! I have been mixing things up in my mind and consequently blundered about here lately.

My sincere apologies!

solbjerg:

If i do that all i get is new shortcut to delete, nothing to do with right click

Iztok

Well i downloaded program caled FileMenu Tools from here:

http://www.lopesoft.com/en/fmtools/info.html

I edited right click (on picture) so now i have unlock and delete fuction. And it works exactly how i wish, i r. click, chose IS360 Delete and it deletes. Dosent open window (it inform you that delete was sucesfull) or program or anything. It works as it shoud. So problem solved. But for scaning i cant do it. I dont know what shoud shortcut point to. All exes wich i try only opens program, dosent scan. Can you tell me, please, wich exe (or bat, or...) start scan?

Thank you for all your time for something wich in reality is only minor problem.

Iztok

Hi Iztok

Nice to hear you got it solved :-)

I think that IS360tray.exe is what it should point to, by me it opens a windows that says Performing seperate scan and then scans the file - same thing happens with the folder scan.

The window opens - with the scanning started - but then if something is found, some input is sometimes needed, so I suppose that is how it should be?

If I open the task manager I see that it is IS360tray.exe that exhibits activity when I choose to scan a file from the right click.

Cheers

solbjerg

Well i downloaded program caled FileMenu Tools from here:

http://www.lopesoft.com/en/fmtools/info.html

I edited right click (on picture) so now i have unlock and delete fuction. And it works exactly how i wish, i r. click, chose IS360 Delete and it deletes. Dosent open window (it inform you that delete was sucesfull) or program or anything. It works as it shoud. So problem solved. But for scaning i cant do it. I dont know what shoud shortcut point to. All exes wich i try only opens program, dosent scan. Can you tell me, please, wich exe (or bat, or...) start scan?

Thank you for all your time for something wich in reality is only minor problem.

Iztok

Archived