IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Right click problem

Iztok67

Hi

Sorry abaut my english, it is not my native langue.

I have problems with with right clicking and selecting scan in iobit360 ver.1.50. If i right click option for scan or unlock and delete is not there. I have option enabled in iobit360. I tried clean instal three times. Thise isue is only thing preventing me from buying your othervise good software. Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Iztok

First - is your settings like in the screenshot?

Second - did you during the clean installs check if the IS360 folder was deleted?

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6074&stc=1&d=1287219799

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi

Sorry abaut my english, it is not my native langue.

I have problems with with right clicking and selecting scan in iobit360 ver.1.50. If i right click option for scan or unlock and delete is not there. I have option enabled in iobit360. I tried clean instal three times. Thise isue is only thing preventing me from buying your othervise good software. Can you please help me?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum Iztok67 :smile:

I sometimes get this happening with various software and sometimes it just needs a 'kickstart' (as I call it)

Anyway, it's a simple and quick procedure so worth a try:

• Un-tick the settings

• Exit IS360 completely (not just to tray) and wait one minute to make sure everything has stopped

• Launch IS360

• Tick the settings

• Exit IS360 completely.

• Launch IS360 and see if that has brought the Context Menu items back

As I say this has worked for me with various software but I don't know why, I think it's just a Windows thing :roll:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Iztok

Are you using the English language file or the one for your local language.

Cheers

solbjerg

I allready tried all usual stuf. Reeboting, changing setings, enabling and disabling them............. it just dosent work and i need thise feature.

Thank you for your advice but i didnt help.

Hi Iztok,

Please install ASC 3.7.2 .

Go to:

ASC>click Utilities>click Admin Tools tab>click Context Menu Manager>click Shell Extentions tab

Highlight:

All File (Context Menu) IObit security 360

Directory (Context Menu) IObit security 360

Folder (Context Menu) IObit security 360

Drive (Context Menu) IObit security 360

to see the registry entries if they are there in the bottom pane.

If they are not there, please try to create the following registry entries in Registry Editor repectively:

Command Line: {364BB365-5DF0-45D4-92C5-B0A4F0962C9D}

Registry Key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Security 360

Registry Key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Security 360

Registry Key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Security 360

Registry Key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Security 360

(Please note that some of the spaces in the above lines [IO bit , ContextMenuHan dlers , ContextMenuHandle rs , ContextMenuHandler s] are the result of the forum structure, so delete the spaces if you copy and after paste)

Please reply if this helped.

thank you and cheers.

Hi and thank you for your time.

Under All file:

Registry Key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Security 360

Under Directory:

Registry Key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Security 360

under Folder:

Registry Key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Security 360

under Drive:

Registry Key: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\IObit Security 360

That is what i have. Those reg. keys are copy/paste from ASC.

I did try with "execute at start up" option checked. I try it with all options and difrent version of options, i tried manualy stoping, starting and restarting IS360 service (i was out of ideas :)) and nothing helped. Is there any other option to enable right click scaning and unlocking? Becouse those 2 functions (or at least scaning) are most important to me. Can you recomend some software in wich i coud use those? It is just that i like iobit werry much (i use other software from them) and i trust them.

Anyhow, sorry for my language and long post and thank you for your help and time.

Iztok

Hi Iztok

Do you have this prefetch file on your computer?

CONTEXTMENU.EXE-09B3DACF.pf (under Windows)

If not, then perhaps some of the contextmenu file may have been corrupted somehow.

Perhaps you could try sfc /scannow if that works on your machine.

By the way isn't the context menues an option during the first install?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi and thank you for your time.

Under All file:

Under Directory:

under Folder:

under Drive:

That is what i have. Those reg. keys are copy/paste from ASC.

I did try with "execute at start up" option checked. I try it with all options and difrent version of options, i tried manualy stoping, starting and restarting IS360 service (i was out of ideas :)) and nothing helped. Is there any other option to enable right click scaning and unlocking? Becouse those 2 functions (or at least scaning) are most important to me. Can you recomend some software in wich i coud use those? It is just that i like iobit werry much (i use other software from them) and i trust them.

Anyhow, sorry for my language and long post and thank you for your help and time.

Iztok

Hi Iztok

By the way the options are only there for files - not for folders!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi

I have:

CONTEXTMENU.EXE-A56A7A22.pf

I tried sfc/scannow without suces.

Right click option is not there during install.

I am sorry for being such a pain in the *** but i really like to see thise working.

Thank you

Hi Iztok

Do you mind taking a screenshot of the context menu generated when you right click a file?

Hold down Alt while pressing Print screen to get just the context menu.

And then attach it here!

Just to see if it otherwise looks normal.

Cheers

solbjerg

I want it for files. And it dosent work on files (or folders :))

Iztok

Our friend seems really eager to have those two options available, which leads me to believe that... oh... never mind ;)

But seriously now. Iztok : if you really need to "right-click scan" files, there are quite a few options out there, including and most importantly your antivirus. If you download high risk files, you need an antivirus running ; if you choose to, say, disable it when downloading (yikes), then a right-click scan is definitely needed - with the antivirus. If you decide to run a machine without an antivirus all together, then you're just asking for trouble... There are also a few other anti-malware programs similar to IS360 that offer the context menu scanning option, and I'm sure you can find them easily enough.

Now for "unlocking" : there's a really powerful tool you can use for that (free) :

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Good for 32 and 64 bit systems and it offers right-click options.

I'm sure I don't have to warn you about being careful with that thing...

Take it easy out there. The nasties are worse now than they've ever been :evil:

===

So_sad:

I use f-secure securiti suite (from my ISP) whic in fact have right click scan option and i also use mbam wich also have right click scan. Reason i need it are my kids and you right (if i understand you corectly) why i need it. I try not restrict my kids (well, not much :)) in use of internet. I know that that is not to smart, but i have my reasons. Also i try to teach them to scan everithing they get from (let say doubtfull) sources. Again, i have good reasons why i i let them do what they do, whic i wont talk abaut it on open forum.

Second, why shoud i pay for program if it not do what it sopouse to do? Also, that coud mean that is something wrong with my PC, not nesecery something to do with program in question.

Also i dont belive in aqusations from mbam that iobit stole their defenitions or i woud not need iobit and mbam woud be only thing needed.

I need more than one line of defence which i learned the hard way :(.

Soory abaut my english and have a nice day.

Hi Iztok

Yes sorry, it works like that in that situation.

I am running out of ideas - you have of course run a chkdsk?

Cheers

solbjerg

solbjerg:

if i hold down ALT then context menu disapear so i attached picture editedet in paint. Hope that is O.K..

Have a nice day

Iztok

Yes i did.

I think i did all usual stuf from cleaning temp folder, system restore (overkill i know :)), reg cleaning (by hand) after uninstall............

Problem is that i coud swore that yesterday early morning i saw 2 red circles when i did r. click on the RAR file. So i am 80% shure that it did work on my PC. I didnt make any changes to my PC after that. Only when i didnt see it anymore i started playing with my PC. I even did system restore to time before i even downloaded IS360 but no suces. I am all out of ideas :-?

Still, i know i repeat myself but thank you for your time and efort. I hope we coud find solution.

Iztok

Hi Iztok67,

You can ignore that warning for unlocker, as I have been using it for a very long time without any problem whatsoever.

When you install, skip the free offers if there are any during the setup process.

Here is a link for you to download it Unlocker 1.9 .

BTW, I am working to find out a solution to your right click problem.

Cheers.

OK, please try this.

Go to: Registry Editor>Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shell

Right click on shell and choose to create New> Key.

Rename the key as IObit Security 360

Right click on (Default) on the right pane and Modify, put Value Data: Scan with IObit Security 360

Right click on IObit security 360 (on the left) and choose to create New> Key

Rename the key as Command

Right click on (Default) on the right pane and Modify, put Value Data: C:\Program Files\IObit\IObit Security 360\is360.exe -ScanMode SeperateScan

Please reply if it works for files for IS360 in right click menu.

Sorry, no IS360 icon in the front as it should be in the original.8:)

Cheers.

Thank you for your efort but i didnt work. I do all what you was write. I was carefull. Now option for scaning is there but when i click it it dosent scan but opens "Open with...." list of programs.

Maybe if you tell me wich .exe is responsible for right click scan i can make option "always open with...." and that coud work.

Also, do you have ani idea for unlock and delete?

Thank you

Iztok

Hi Iztok

What are your settings for IS360 service in services.msc in Run - automatic and started?

Perhaps refresh it by restarting the setting!

Cheers

solbjerg

Thank you for your efort but i didnt work. I do all what you was write. I was carefull. Now option for scaning is there but when i click it it dosent scan but opens "Open with...." list of programs.

Maybe if you tell me wich .exe is responsible for right click scan i can make option "always open with...." and that coud work.

Also, do you have ani idea for unlock and delete?

Thank you

Iztok

Archived