IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Problem with corp network after AWC

offbeatmammal

Before running AWC I am able to use RAS to VPN into my corporate network and access internal sites (some IPSec protected etc)

After running AWC (free, personal - wanted to test it out before buying) I can still connect to the network but a lot of network resources become unavailable.

Our IT folks were unable to discover what the problem was. I even tried a newly formatted Vista SP1 RC (just released on the Microsoft download site) ... before AWC no problems on the corp network, after running I could no longer access resources.

I'm guessing it's something with the DNS tuning, but it may also be related to services that get stopped...

Anyone else seen a similar problem and have any ideas what to look out for (not optimize)?

Hi offbeatmammal,

It could be in system optimization. Go to restore center in the program and restore the backup.Then run another scan. Before you repair, click "see details" by system optimization. If you suspect problem in DNS, look for anything that applies to this ( I believe it stops DNS service) and right click on them then click "Ignore". Click OK, then repair all from main scan page. From then on it should ignore those selections when it scans.

samr.

I did the rollback but sadly that didn't seem to roll back everything.

When I did a scan again it didn't offer any of the Optimizations or Registry tuning... it was like it had only rolled back the last set of changes.

For various reasons (mainly I'd fogotten) I didn't have System Restore enabled on the machine so I can't go back to a "good" state.

Do you have a list of the DNS/TCP changes that might have been made (services or network optimizations) so I can manually try to reset them toi Vista defaults.

Does the "Domain" connected mode in Professional have a different set of rules?

As it stands I can't recommend any of my collegues look at this... I've already wasted a day trying to get my machine back to rights (I'm thinking a reinstall is going to have to happen to get network kicked into shape as I'm running out of time to spend on this!)

Please refer to the following FAQ:

I get strange or serious system problems after using Advanced WindowsCare. What should I do?

We are sorry to hear that your computer got trouble because of our program. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. Resolution: 1) Open "Restore Center". Since your changes are automatically backed up every time you execute the program, you can try to perform a roll back here. After making a restore, please restart your Windows. 2) If the backups in "Restore Center" cannot resolved the trouble, please use "Windows system restore" function, as Advanced WindowsCare creates the restore point every time you run a new (or updated) version. 3) If you get system crash or rebooting loop problems and can't go into Windows, in the next reboot just hit "F8" before starting Windows, then go into "Advanced Startup Options for Windows" menu, and choose "Safe Mode". You can run Advanced WindowsCare in safe mode and make a restoration.

Recommend it anyway, but be sure to tell them to configure the "Details"- especially "System Optimization Details" and put needed settings into the "Ignore list" before running the "Repair".

Cheers

I did the rollback but sadly that didn't seem to roll back everything.

When I did a scan again it didn't offer any of the Optimizations or Registry tuning... it was like it had only rolled back the last set of changes.

For various reasons (mainly I'd fogotten) I didn't have System Restore enabled on the machine so I can't go back to a "good" state.

Do you have a list of the DNS/TCP changes that might have been made (services or network optimizations) so I can manually try to reset them toi Vista defaults.

Does the "Domain" connected mode in Professional have a different set of rules?

As it stands I can't recommend any of my collegues look at this... I've already wasted a day trying to get my machine back to rights (I'm thinking a reinstall is going to have to happen to get network kicked into shape as I'm running out of time to spend on this!)

Archived