IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Scheduled tasks don't run

dlw

I seem to have a problem with Smart Defrag and Autocare where the scheduled jobs set up automatically by the wizards just don't run and show nothing in the scheduler's log. This has happened on more than one machine. Even opening the scheduler itself and right clicking on the task and clicking on run doesn't do anything. I then created the jobs by hand and they do run. Would be interested to know if this has happened to anybody else.

Could you then tell us what the difference is between the machines that do run the program and those that don't?

Thanks

Same here. Several machines are failing to run the auto schedules.

I sent several reports to the support address but no responses yet.

Auto schedule not working

Same here. Several machines are failing to run the auto schedules.

I sent several reports to the support address but no responses yet.

I am having the same problem, having set the auto schedule to start at a specific time nothing happened.

The only obvious difference I can offer is that the machine which didn't have a problem runs XP Pro whereas the other 2 that had problems run XP Home edition. They are all up to date on updates etc so maybe there is something different in Pro compared with Home.

The tasks get put into the schedule but just don't run but there are no errors either.

Perhaps if you have defrag running in the background as silent technology it then sounds as if it is a bit double work to have a sheduled defrag running too. I think I would disable the sheduled defrag and only run it once in a while by hand.

I do not think that there is much difference in performance in XP Home and XP Pro, I use XP Home and have no problem.

But it is information that IObits programmers ought to look into!

Cheers

I seem to have a problem with Smart Defrag and Autocare where the scheduled jobs set up automatically by the wizards just don't run and show nothing in the scheduler's log. This has happened on more than one machine. Even opening the scheduler itself and right clicking on the task and clicking on run doesn't do anything. I then created the jobs by hand and they do run. Would be interested to know if this has happened to anybody else.

• 3 weeks later...

Scheduled defrag not run. No way to optimize.

I simply want to defrag and optimize. It appears the only way to defrag and optimze is with a scheduled defrag, but scheduled defrags do not run. Previous versions of SmartDefrag allowed you to select defrag or defrag and optimize with a manual defrag.

• 4 weeks later...

i have had the same problem with the scheduled task, however found that in the schedule configuration settings, ticking the power management box for waking the computer to run the task, enables the scheduled defrag to occur. However, on telling the computer to shut down after running this task, I have to retick the box every time the computer is rebooted. Does anyone know a way so I can set this to be a default setting within the program for every time the pc is booted.

Archived