IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Firewall

Mr Bean

Looks impressive

I have looked at Private Firewall a few times and I am always impressed but since Comodo (full suite) is doing a great job I haven't tried it yet. Looking at your screenshot, it seems to work similar to Comodo. (see my screenshot)

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6299&stc=1&d=1289975519

I'm still using Comodo version 3 (without sandbox) and if/when Comodo stops supporting version 3 and makes me 'upgrade' to the sandbox version I will probably move over to MSE and then I will give Private Firewall a test.

I could just use Comodo firewall (not the suite) but it would be a good time to test Private Firewall I think.

Is Private Firewall lite on resources etc ?

All the best, woz of oz

Mr wozofoz

How do you do.

You ask:

I think so as the speed loading (boot up) has no slow down and when running very smooth with this version, windows7 ultimate. (Cant vouch for any other OS.)

Comparing :

I do not like Comodo and have only tried it 2 times and had a lot of difficulties with running it.

This one we speak of, is far the best they made, a little pop up-ch at the start but settles down fine.

Thanks for the info

Mr wozofoz

How do you do.

You ask:

I think so as the speed loading (boot up) has no slow down and when running very smooth with this version, windows7 ultimate. (Cant vouch for any other OS.)

No slow down at boot up is a winner with me :smile: I use a NetBook (see my signature) and I am often turning it On and Off.

This screen shot shows cfp.exe and cmdagent.exe which are for the whole Comodo Internet Security suite (Firewall, Defense+ and AV) so I don't know what part is using what amount but as you can see the whole of CIS doesn't use much anyway.

The screenshot was taken while using FireFox and not much else.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6304&stc=1&d=1289989255

Comparing :

I do not like Comodo and have only tried it 2 times and had a lot of difficulties with running it.

This one we speak of, is far the best they made, a little pop up-ch at the start but settles down fine.

I understand peoples frustration with Comodo especially when they only want to run part of the Comodo Internet Security suite like the Firewall or Defense+, it is designed so that every part (layer) compliments the other parts and contributes to the whole.

Although I like Comodo I haven't recommended it to many of my friends simply because they have absolutely no interest in computers (or software) and all they want is for it to work.

However, I thought I would mention it to you as you obviously have an interest in this stuff ;-)

But for my friends, popups and messages would only drive them to turning something off and that is counterproductive. Since they have Win7 I usually recommend MSE for these friends because it won't annoy them plus everything is automated and they just use the Windows firewall.

This setup seems to work well for them and none have got infected. They are not 'high risk' computer users by any means, just emails, web surfing etc. They never install any software without asking someone about it, that someone is usually me because they know I like investigating new stuff :razz:

I've rambled on, again, so to sum up:

Thanks for the info and screenshots, Private Firewall looks even better now and is at the top of my list of things to try when the time is right. That time will be when my current security setup fails me or is changed in some way I am not happy with.

At the moment I can't fault it or complain about it so I won't fix what ain't broke :mrgreen:

All the best, woz of oz

"At the moment I can't fault it or complain about it so I won't fix what ain't broke"

YES.

Thank you for the return post nice reading.

You are right they are similar from what I know of Comodo firewall.

Comodo I think is more complex, Private firewall a bit more friendly.

Mr bean

Archived