IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Advanced WindowsCare 3 Translation Volunteer

Tim Xue

http://www.iobit.com/Images/awc3.png

Hello, everyone! I'm glad to tell you that Advanced WindowsCare 3 beta edition will be available as early as Jan or Feb. We need you to help us to translate awc to your local language. As always, you will get free license of Advanced WindowsCare 3 if we decide to use your language file in the final edition. Anyway, thanks in advantage!

Note: Please PM me your name and email address, when it is ready we will email you before the public edition.

PS: AWC 3 supports Unicode now.

Hi Tim,

It is nice to know that AWC 3 supports Unicode!!!

I hope the English language file will be available before AWC 3 Beta is public.

(EDIT: #1 post is edited for public by Tim.)

Please correct me if I am wrong, but do you really want the e-mail addresses given here in this forum?

I wouldn't want to do that for security reasons.

(EDIT: #1 post is edited for PM by Tim.)

Cheers.

PS.

So, we all know now which one you have chosen for the icon of AWC 3. J J J

I got an e-mail from support where they asked me if I would translate the language file in AWC 3.

I wrote back that of course I would - and then asked if they would send me the English language file so that I could translate it into Danish - or if they wanted me to do it when AWC 3 was released, - but I haven't heard from them yet.

Cheers

Very good with the unicode support, it is almost a must today, I think.

After the attached icon it should read "for my PC" :-)

http://www.iobit.com/Images/awc3.png

Hello, everyone! I'm glad to tell you that Advanced WindowsCare 3 beta edition will be available as early as Jan or Feb. We need you to help us to translate awc to your local language. As always, you will get free license of Advanced WindowsCare 3 if we decide to use your language file in the final edition. Anyway, thanks in advantage!

Note: Please left your name and email address, when it is ready we will email you.

PS: AWC 3 supports Unicode now.

• 4 weeks later...

French v2.70

As the existing French translation is full of errors, typos, incorrect sentences and false meanings that can lead to false user decision. I provide my one, which is MUCH improved.

Note that there are still missing items that can't be translated. The most probably cause is that the English reference file is wrong and uses incorrect resource keys, or it is missing lots of keys...

I've also noted several resource keys that were swapped, like the NTFS/FAT volume details for sector per track and sector size in bytes... There are certainly others... This brings me lots of doubt to the qaulity insurance in the development if the developers don't know how to manage their resources.

Also, the way the UI is created is bogous: windows are not resizable, all elements are absolutely positioned, causing unwanted overlaps, incorrect centering of some elements... Really, some efforts should be invested by using or implementing a layout manager (such GUI layout is part of Windows since long, but as I suspect you are rendering in a IE HTML renderer, you shuold also know that HTML also allows correct layout, if you use the corerct CSS attributes and completely avoid using absolute positioning...).

This app. does not merit the "Designed for Windows" logo, not even for Windows 3, given this extremely poor GUI, with so many bogous text resources (this affects all languages, including English where there are also many typos!).

Iobit should really seek for a qualified GUI designer. Unfortunately, the main purpose of this program is to offer a GUI around a collection of small tools and data collected in public areas over the net or in MSDN/Technet and Windows experts online forums. Without a good GUI, this program is really a toy that does not merit its current price.

Note below: the attachment is still for the current release, and now uses v2.70 format. The .lng file is the same as in the ZIP archive below. Use the link ou prefer.

French2.70.zip

French.lng

I got an e-mail from support where they asked me if I would translate the language file in AWC 3.

I wrote back that of course I would - and then asked if they would send me the English language file so that I could translate it into Danish - or if they wanted me to do it when AWC 3 was released, - but I haven't heard from them yet.

Cheers

Very good with the unicode support, it is almost a must today, I think.

After the attached icon it should read "for my PC" :-)

The Unicode support is NOT working. Edit: I have just realized that this was for the coming Beta... Let's hope that Windows ANSI codepage will be things of the past. The rest is for the current v2.56.

I first tried including characters like “ ” — in my translation and the GUI displyed them with black square boxes (tested in XP and Vista). I had to resume back to ASCII quotes and dash-hyphens, because the GUI cannot display something else than the old Windows 1252 codepage, even if the language file is encoded in UTF-8.

The reason is: the GUI is specifying font families that don't have the even the most basic Unicode support. This app is for Windows, and at least it should specify "Tahoma,Arial" in its rendering stylesheet, because they are part of Windows. Microsoft even recommends using the generic "Microsoft Dialog" UI font (not "MSDialog" which was used for the very old 16-bit Windows 3 or NT3/NT4: please review your GUI design standard, because MSDialog is now unsupported, as long as Windows 3 and Windows 95; Windows 98 is in post-life-end cycle, as well as Windows 98SE and Windows ME)

Your GUI designer seems to program exactly the way he did in the last millenium!

Hi verdy_p,

Please check in the French256 language file, that the following line under [Form7]:

CH_CheckBox1.Caption=Exécuter Advanced WindowsCare 2 à période préprogrammée (recommandé).

should be:

CheckBox1.Caption=Exécuter Advanced WindowsCare 2 à période préprogrammée (recommandé).

to translate it to French.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
Form7]:

CH_CheckBox1.Caption=Exécuter Advanced WindowsCare 2 à période préprogrammée (recommandé).

should be:

CheckBox1.Caption=Exécuter Advanced WindowsCare 2 à période préprogrammée (recommandé).

to translate it to French.

Updated above, based on English v2.70 (with additional Form12)

Please check your attached files, they don't have the addition of [Form12] and seems to be the old files without even correction.:?:

Check your browser cache! The files were already updated above WITH the added [Form12] (plus the ciorrected signaled bug in [Form7], which was corrected in English 2.70 but was still present in 2.56).

Anyway I'm just uploading another update for minor corrections (messages were correct but may be overlapping on screen in the preferences screen).

I give up !!!

Check your browser cache! The files were already updated above WITH the added [Form12] (plus the ciorrected signaled bug in [Form7], which was corrected in English 2.70 but was still present in 2.56).

Anyway I'm just uploading another update for minor corrections (messages were correct but may be overlapping on screen in the preferences screen).

Since you tell me to check my browser cache, I give up!!!

Please have a look at the attached files after using your last French.zip (2.70 dated March 08 )and decide if it is a problem of my browser cache!!!

The last thing about lng files that I will say to you is please have a look to the file English2.70.lng in this post.

Thank you and cheers.

You did not need to repost your link to your post, have used exactly the same. The problem is a caveat of Internet Explorer 7 that was not uploading the correct file version but used instead an older version stored in a virtualized directory that it had created itself after downloading the English 2.70 file on the disktop and trying to put it with the Windows Explorer! Blame Vista's UAC for this unwanted (and completely invisible!) virtualization.

I had to cleanup the virtual folder that Explorer had created to make sure that the correct file would be seen and transfered by Internet Explorer or even by Mozilla Firefox. (Well I've since then disabled the automatic File virtualization of \Program and \ProgramData, as it is still too bogous in Vista and creates lots of other compatibility problems like program updates without effects for other users and that need to be performed for each user, for each virtual location created by Vista's UAC...)

Could Iobit suggest the correction for these two resources in distinct forms, still references in English 2.70:

lines 364-365 in [Wizard]:

RadioGroup1.Caption=Home User

RadioGroup2.Caption=Business User

lines 939-940 in [Form7]:

RadioGroup1.Caption=Home User

RadioGroup2.Caption=Business User

Apparently, the resource names in Form7 is not correct so the translation is not displayed, even though it is provided.

• 1 month later...

Japanese Language

Hello, a rudimentary question.

Is there the one that translates it into Japanese?

And may you let you display Japanese in AWC3

by making a Japanese language file?

Regards.

Hi Yuuichi (brave one?)

In AWC version 2.72 there does not seem to be a Japanese language file.

You are welcome to make one!

You will be able to make it and see it in Japanese script, I am sure.

IObit supports Unicode.

I do not think AWC version 3.02 is ready yet for translated language files, but take a look in the language folder.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello, a rudimentary question.

Is there the one that translates it into Japanese?

And may you let you display Japanese in AWC3

by making a Japanese language file?

Regards.

AWC 3.02 - Japanese Langage File

Hi, solbjerg.

I think the support of Unicode to be a very glad :wink:

The language folder of AWC version 3.02 was seen, and English.lng was translated.

It is not possible to use even if "Japanese.lng" is put on the language folder and it does still.

# I use the hiragana letter without using a kanji when I use a steering wheel name in Japan :grin:

Hi Yuuichi (brave one?)

In AWC version 2.72 there does not seem to be a Japanese language file.

You are welcome to make one!

You will be able to make it and see it in Japanese script, I am sure.

IObit supports Unicode.

I do not think AWC version 3.02 is ready yet for translated language files, but take a look in the language folder.

Cheers

solbjerg

Japanese.lng

• 2 months later...

Hi Yuuichi

Some of the Japanese signs are the same as the Chinese signs, right?

In AWC 3 beta version 2.8 you can place the Japanese.lng in the language folder and see how it looks in the program, but the program is not fully developed yet, so it does not yet insert all the language files in the download, they will invite us to send our language files once they have a finished English language file, and we will then have to add what we haven't yet had a chance to translate, and then they will ship it with the different language options.

Good work Yuuichi!

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, solbjerg.

I think the support of Unicode to be a very glad :wink:

The language folder of AWC version 3.02 was seen, and English.lng was translated.

It is not possible to use even if "Japanese.lng" is put on the language folder and it does still.

# I use the hiragana letter without using a kanji when I use a steering wheel name in Japan :grin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived