IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

SpeedUpMyPC

Daddio1946

I have my system tweaked with ASC Pro, but when I run SpeedUpMyPC it finds 7508 issues slowing down my PC and claims my speed loss is critical. Does this mean ASC is lacking?

:shock: 7508 issues :shock:

Is that a typo, do you mean 75 or even 750 ?

I would be very wary of any software that told me I had 7508 issues, especially if you must pay for the software before any of those issues can be fixed.

How does your computer run after using ASC, compared to before using ASC ?

All the best, woz of oz

What does it mean ?

The vast majority of these were "junk files"....

I have never used SpeedUpMyPC so I don't know what it calls "junk files" but I would still be wary of any software that told me I had 7469 (7508 - 39) issues after using Advanced System Care.

I would be especially wary if the vast majority are "junk files" because even the simplest of 'cleaning tools' can get rid of the most common "junk files"

It is claiming my speed loss is critical because of 37 issues under system tweaks, and speed loss is serious because of 2 issues under speed tools.

Again, without knowing what these "system tweaks" are nobody can give you a definite answer as to whether they are good tweak or not and a safe tweak or not.

I don't know what their interpretation of 'speed tools' is so I can't comment.

How does your computer run after using ASC, compared to before using ASC ?

So, did you see an improvement after using Advanced System Care ?

If you are asking which software is better then the answer you are going to get on this forum is quite obvious, IObit has millions of happy users :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi Daddio

You said that the vast majority were "junk" files. Did you go through all 7500 of them?

Could you find any of them on your machine?

Have you never run a cleaning operation on your machine before?

What 37 issues?

What 2 speed tool issues?

Will it only "clean" them if you buy their product?

If so it is very, very reminiscent of a rogueware!!!!

Cheers

solbjerg

The vast majority of these were "junk files". It is claiming my speed loss is critical because of 37 issues under system tweaks, and speed loss is serious because of 2 issues under speed tools.

With regard to the "junk files", as of today 1569 are in the IE cache, 1784 are in the Windows temp folder, and 5220 are in the user temp folder.

I was quite impressed with the free version of ASC and have it on five computers at work. I put the PRO version on my laptop and quite frankly, I can't see much improvement over the free version, but these are subjective impressions only.

An obvious query is why doesn't ASC get rid of these junk files?

Hi Daddio

What are your settings?

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6466&stc=1&d=1291981910

Did that answer your question?

Cheers

solbjerg

With regard to the "junk files", as of today 1569 are in the IE cache, 1784 are in the Windows temp folder, and 5220 are in the user temp folder.

I was quite impressed with the free version of ASC and have it on five computers at work. I put the PRO version on my laptop and quite frankly, I can't see much improvement over the free version, but these are subjective impressions only.

An obvious query is why doesn't ASC get rid of these junk files?

Archived