IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

No Display of Shortcuts

Mongoose

After using the beta my shortcuts were cleaned out of my start menu and they aren't displayed anymore. Is there any way to fix this issue to where I open a program and then its displayed in the start menu. I checked my options and its suppose to display up to 6 but it don't.

OK, I found what caused the recently used programs to stop working in the start menu (at least in XP). I used dial-a-fix (for XP) to repair it with the policies tool.

The problem is caused by system optimization. This is the reg key that was changed. This should probably be UN-CHECKED in the "Problems Found":

Modified HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\

Policies\Explorer\|NoInstrumentation

Iobit should probably look in to this.

• 5 months later...
OK, I found what caused the recently used programs to stop working in the start menu (at least in XP). I used dial-a-fix (for XP) to repair it with the policies tool.

The problem is caused by system optimization. This is the reg key that was changed. This should probably be UN-CHECKED in the "Problems Found":

Modified HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\

Policies\Explorer\|NoInstrumentation

Iobit should probably look in to this.

What change should be made to "NoInstumentation"? I have that key with a hexidecimal value of "1". Should it be changed to "0" or should the whole thing be deleted?

Delete the "NoInstrumentation", boot computer and everything is ok. See this page http://windowsxp.mvps.org/startmfu.htm

Archived