IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Wmp 11 Dvd-r

Ted

Hi, All,

I've posted this question on another forum, but have had no replies. See how I go here.

Using my Sony RDRHX780 DVD recorder I recorded one of our old VHS tapes onto a Sony DVD-RW disc and it played back perfectly on my Windows Media Player 11. I recorded the next VHS tape onto a Sony DVD-R disc and finalised it. This disc plays perfectly in a DVD player, but it won't play in my Windows Media Player 11, although I can play it by clicking a VOB file in the VIDEO_TS folder. VLC Media Player plays it perfectly, but I would prefer WMP 11.

Hi Ted

Do you have any limitations in your DVD settings? (In the property settings in WMP?

Have you downloaded any extras to WMP?

What format is the sound/music file in - is it supported by WMP?

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi, All,

I've posted this question on another forum, but have had no replies. See how I go here.

Using my Sony RDRHX780 DVD recorder I recorded one of our old VHS tapes onto a Sony DVD-RW disc and it played back perfectly on my Windows Media Player 11. I recorded the next VHS tape onto a Sony DVD-R disc and finalised it. This disc plays perfectly in a DVD player, but it won't play in my Windows Media Player 11, although I can play it by clicking a VOB file in the VIDEO_TS folder. VLC Media Player plays it perfectly, but I would prefer WMP 11.

Hi, solbjerg,

Thank you for your reply. From what I've read the VOB file is merely a container for the mpeg and audio files required. As I mentioned, WMP 11 will play the VOB file and it will also play the SONY DVD-RW disc so I feel it's just a setting somewhere. Perhaps I should just be content with VLC Media Player.

Hi Ted,

If you have not loaded any additional codecs, then if for nothing else you could download and install Windows Essentials Media Codec Pack 3.2 and see if WMP 11 will then load and play that disc. (Granted, there are a variety of codecs/codec packs which ought to be able to accomplish same thing, one such being K-Lite Codec pack.)

Good luck!

Laurence

Hi LawrenceJ,

Thank your for your help.

I had already installed the latest version of K-Lite Codec Pack. I wonder if there would be conflicts installing the Windows Essential pack.

Okay, I created a System Restore Point, then downloaded and installed the Windows Essential pack. Unfortunately, it didn't do the trick so I restored back to my earlier settings. Good suggestion, anyway.

Archived