IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWCP killed Perfect Disk 2008 Pro

serendipiti

Hi!Caution for all.AWCP(latest version)is taking out a registry key(some Inproc server key)and renders Perfect Disk 2008 Pro unusable....be careful.Only a reinstallation fixes the problem.I have placed the key in the ignore list.Pasted below is the contents of ignorelist.ini file:

[startup]

StartupFaster=e:\Program Files\Startup Faster 2004\startuploader.exe" -run SFAURUN SFCURUN SFAUSTARTUP SFCUSTARTUP

[Registry]

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{370E8519-2AFC-4E48-AA1A-43D8F4D0B8C9}\InprocServer32=N/A

[system]

syso163=False System Settings,HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\OptimalLayout\

AWC kills a lot of programs that way. Any inprocserver32 should go into the ignore list.

I found out through trial and error. I'd let AWC handle things... then go find out what program was broken by it... then find out what registry key it nailed. Ignore... fixed.

I just wish AWC or any of the many registry cleaners would tone it down a bit and/or have friendly messages attached to the registry key as to what they were for.

I spend way to much time behind this keyboard trying to figure things out.

• 3 weeks later...

all files, lots of applications erased!

I just downloaded AWC a couple days ago. Hit scan today and when I tried to delete junk files, it froze up. When I rebooted, most of my desktop was gone--pictures, everything in my documents, settings.....nearly everything.

I tried system restore, to no avail.

Help, Help, Help!

Hello danmore

This is what happens when one does not check and configure optimization settings under details.

Try going to My Computer, right click, choose Preference, in that window choose advanced then the top setting and then "let windows choose the best settings for my computer"

Let's see if that doesn't help

Then before hitting the repair button - go into details and configure them all!!!

Cheers

I just downloaded AWC a couple days ago. Hit scan today and when I tried to delete junk files, it froze up. When I rebooted, most of my desktop was gone--pictures, everything in my documents, settings.....nearly everything.

I tried system restore, to no avail.

Help, Help, Help!

Archived