IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Toolbar bug in Windows 7

link48010

I am using Windows 7 64 bit Profession build 7600.

I am having a slight issue with SystemCare 4 beta 1, when I close the window, it simply minimizes to the taskbar but it also leaves an icon in the notifcation area as well. The process ASC.exe (the main systemcare window) will not close unless I use task manager, all the while ASCTray.exe also stays open.

I have been using AV3 for the last year. I have loved this software as it has seaved me time in doing many of the things I can do manualy. However I am not at all impressed by your new release as it has deleted almost everything off my desktop and in my task bar. It happens in system sweep after I boot my computer up. So I am afraid these are my last 59 days of subscription time with you when your new software is all that is left to use I will un instal you from my computer and forget about your company. You are begining to behave like Symanetec when they became a larger company. I hope for yours and your coustomers sake that you fix this problem and soon as you have already lost one of your bigest fans.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 7600 Cyberpower (Coustom Builed) Asus M3A78-EM M.B. Nvidia Geforce series 9800 GTX (Dual) AMD Quad core Black Edition.

Hi Jinx

If you have been using ASC (I suppose that is the program you mean) for the last year and have decided to try the new beta version 4 too, you ought to be a bit cautious using the beta version, and at least run it manually the first times and not use the automatic functions before you have configured all the settings to your satisfaction by checking the "problems" and placing those you want to leave running in the ignore list, before you let the automatic settings take care of it.

Same way you probably configured the 3.xxx versions :-)

Reading the manuals is always a good idea - likeways checking one's settings is always a must too!! :-)

Better luck next time!

Cheers

solbjerg

I have been using AV3 for the last year. I have loved this software as it has seaved me time in doing many of the things I can do manualy. However I am not at all impressed by your new release as it has deleted almost everything off my desktop and in my task bar. It happens in system sweep after I boot my computer up. So I am afraid these are my last 59 days of subscription time with you when your new software is all that is left to use I will un instal you from my computer and forget about your company. You are begining to behave like Symanetec when they became a larger company. I hope for yours and your coustomers sake that you fix this problem and soon as you have already lost one of your bigest fans.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 7600 Cyberpower (Coustom Builed) Asus M3A78-EM M.B. Nvidia Geforce series 9800 GTX (Dual) AMD Quad core Black Edition.

Toolbar bug in Windows 7

I am using Windows 7 32bit Ultimate. I have the same exact issue with SystemCare 4 beta 1, when I close the window, it will only minimize to the taskbar leaving an icon in the notifcation area. The process ASC.exe (the main systemcare window) will not close unless I use task manager, all the while ASCTray.exe stays open. Occasionally, I have had to reboot to get rid of it.

Hi JimFG,

Can you give us screenshots of those icons on taskbar and system tray, so that we can see the right click menues of both.

I understand from you that when you click Exit on the right click menu of ASC 4 Beta1 icon, the program does not exit!

I have noticed the taskbar icon when ASC is closed from (X), but not the glitch of not exiting.

What is your setting of "Minimize to system tray when program is closed" under General Settings?

Cheers.

Hi Jinx

If you have been using ASC (I suppose that is the program you mean) for the last year and have decided to try the new beta version 4 too, you ought to be a bit cautious using the beta version, and at least run it manually the first times and not use the automatic functions before you have configured all the settings to your satisfaction by checking the "problems" and placing those you want to leave running in the ignore list, before you let the automatic settings take care of it.

Same way you probably configured the 3.xxx versions :-)

Reading the manuals is always a good idea - likeways checking one's settings is always a must too!! :-)

Better luck next time!

Cheers

solbjerg

I did read the manual befor I ran the program and I made sure I configured it the best I could to the old program (which I loved). I am no noobie. I suppose its only common place for you as a dev to attack my typo's. I however have not had the same problem that these other people have had I never see an icon. Make sure that you have read what I have said a bit closer befor attacking my post as you are the dev and this is your software. ( It didnt happen till I rebooted!! ) Yeah and here is my account name if you dont want to believe me! xxxxxxx@yahoo.com

Edit by wozofoz: Removed your email address before it gets harvested by a bot and you end up with hundreds of spam

If your email address is necessary it can be sent by PM

By the way. solbjerg is a volunteer on this forum and not a dev or even an employee of IObit.

Hi enoskype

That was precisely what I supposed too :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hi guys,

I wonder if those glitches for TheJinX are anything to do with the selection of options in Junk files clean!

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6534&d=1293024762

Cheers.

• 5 weeks later...

Okay so here are my screenshots. If I hit the close button (capture1), the process ASC.exe *32 stays running along with ASCTray.exe *32 (capture2) which is the program that runs the icon in the notification tray along with the main programs icon still open (capture3). Advanced system care's option to Minimize to System Tray when program is closed is checked.

Archived