IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

AWCPV2 folder opens each restart

fatray

Every time I restart my Windows XP Pro SP3 the AWCP folder opens. I can't seem to figure out how to stop that folder from opening every time windows restarts. I does this on both my computers with AWCP installed, but does not do it on my laptop with the free version installed.:?:

It's just a small annoyance, but I want it to stop opening on each restart.

I did that already, that's why I'm confused. AWC doesn't start at start up, that's the first thing I looked at. Still the Iobit folder opens every start up, and on 2 computers. It's not listed to start up anywhere.:?:

Since you replied with that response I tripled checked. I just found the Iobit memory manager under RUN in the registry. Deleted and now restarting.

Fixed, strange though. I do not remember seeing it listed in the start up manager.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi nomar,

Applications often add entry into:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

OR

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I think it was a bug in version 2.60.

If you are still having the problem with version 2.70, try to change the path to MemCleaner.exe .

Copy it in to a different folder and run it from there and check the checkbox "Run at Windows Startup" to correct the problem described in the thread title temporarly.

Cheers.

Archived