IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Several ?s, 0 time, Frustration: ^^

libradawg

Apologies if some, if not all, of this has been mulled over extensively already, but I simply don't have the time I need to find all of these. An hour wasted to only halfway answer question 1 already and the clock's ticking. I'll do my best to describe these questions in great detail to hopefully mention something that hasn't been addressed, but if these are redundant questions PLEASE bear with me:

1. Why does IOBit Toolbox unzip a thinly-disguised trojan? I forget the name, but it's so conspicuous you almost think somebody's playing a practical joke on you. I found one thread with 2 posts; 1 to point out only 3 of 20+ (a lot) AV scanners caught it, and 1 more to say "well why did 3 AV's catch it". Not much help. Why is this showing up in a product I know for a fact contains no malware?

2. Are Toolbox and ASC really "jack of all trades, master of none", or is there a "trade" or two that defy this? In other words, IOBit already makes the best system Defragmenter yet still felt compelled to include a Defrag option in these utilities---are they as effective as Smart Defrag?

3. Why is your site labeled as Proceed With Caution? If you use Firefox you might have used Web Of Trust or WOT, which rates links with a traffic light-system. IOBit Forums has been flagged to yellow light status. I proceeded without caution and haven't even received a killed pop-up alert. Closest thing to an advertisement is the signatures of a few posters. Are people still THIS mad because of Malwarebytes??

4. What changes does uninstalling undo? I'll surmise that programs won't reinstall themselves if you used ASC to do it, but people are idiots, idiots have computers, idiots figured out how to post, idiots like me eventually believe them. Is this a common sense issue or does uninstalling ASC/Toolbox carry significant drawbacks?

5. Why is spyware NEVER detected? Not just here but in the other two comparable Swiss Army Knife programs I used. ASC, Glary and Power Pack have yet to detect a single piece of spyware. Assuming I'm every bit as dumb as I was when I'd get 1-2 hits a week with Ad-Aware, I can't help but wonder what scanning method these programs use.

It appears you are expecting the Toolbox utilities to Do things they were Not designed to do :?:

Example:

It does Not have a full blown Virus, trojan, malware, adware protection program built in.

For that I can suggest AVG or Stopzilla, since I've not tried the Security-360 program yet.

Also remember that that some versions of utilities, such as Defrag, are older or newer in the development flow.

• 3 weeks later...

No, I want to know how well the utilities do what they're designed to do. Virus scanner at the time of that post was Comodo and it detected a trojan upon unzipping, which is not a problem with my normal AV Avira. My questions were aimed at knowing what utility to use and when. Utilities are just like browser extensions; they try to do what a full program can do, so I need to know when to opt for a separate program.

This, of course assuming each and every utility in Toolbox/ASC are not unmatched. This would really help a lot of people troubleshoot more efficiently.

This, of course assuming each and every utility in Toolbox/ASC are not unmatched.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'Unmatched', but if you are asking if the utilities in 'ASC' are the Same as those in 'Toolbox',

then I would say that some are Similar but as far as I can remember None are Exactly the same.

Some are newer versions, some are condensed versions, but most do completely different things.

It's my opinion that Both packages have very Good and Useful utilities, and Both are Needed by a 'Serious Computer-Geek'. :lol:

Archived