IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Change hard drives

Does the external drive show up in Windows Explorer File Manager or in any other file manager or system monitor software, or is it only in Defrag that it does not show up?

Is the external drive in a box with it's own power-supply?

If not, what type Drive is it?

Which type Port is it connected thru, to computer? (USB, Serial, SATA, etc.)

Defrag external drive

It shows up when I look at the computer using My Computer

It is a Western Digital 500 gig external drive with its own power supply and connects to the computer with a USB cable. I move files to and from it regularly during the day.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

It is a Western Digital 500 gig external drive with its own power supply and connects to the computer with a USB cable.

Huh?

I have an almost identical drive set-up and v1.5 has No problem seeing the external drives.

Which version of Windows are you using?

I'm using Windows-7 OS. Maybe there's a difference there in the way it accesses the USB ports?

Sorry, I've run out of Ideas.

If the website Admins don't get back from their Holidays-Vacation soon, :wink: with suggestions,

you may want to try the new SD 2-beta v1.1, and see if it has the same results. If it does then you will know that there's something different about your computer and not a v1.5 Install problem. (you can install Both at same time with no problem in W-7, I assume you can in XP also)

Change hard drive for degrag

Just rec'd this reply from IObit tech support saying:

Hello,

For your concern, at present, you can not defrag the external hard drive by our Smart Defrag.

We appreciate your support of IObit.

No signature, no name. Not very professional and incorrect as we found out yesterday.

Happy New Year to you also.

Reg Gupton

Very Strange!

I've been using v1.5 to defrag my External drives for Months, and recently started using v2.0 to do that. :-?

I had a feeling the actual Iobit Support people Never look at this website,

to learn what's Really happening in the World. :-D

I've been told that they are so high on the Mountains, in their protective Force-field, that even Helicopters can't get to that Altitude. :lol:

Dear Reg Gupton,

Sorry for the late reply.

Please check your setting of Smart Defrag v1.5.

Make sure that un-stick the "Do not display flash drivers and solid-state drivers" option.

A screenshot FYI.

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6565&stc=1&d=1293588273

Hope this would be helpful.

Cheers.

IObit Support Team.

Archived