IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Registry Fix deletes Audio Mixer Drivers

fcaldwell3

I am running AWC v 2.6.0.835, on Windows XP with SP2.

When I run Registry Fix, the fix blows away my audio mixer device driver - Sigma Tel C-Major Audio. So I thought I could fix this by running Registry Fix, reinstall the drivers, and run the Registry Fix again. Them I marked Ignore for all the new listed entries. I exited AWC, the drivers were deleted again :-(.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a workaround or a way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks, Fred

• 1 year later...

I'm thinking fcaldwell3 was probably on the right track. If AWC is deleting anything it's likely registry references and sometimes those are hard to track down.

madmanmoon - Check out the utility RegFromApp by Nir Sofer. If you start your driver install app from within RegFromApp it will tell you exactly what changes are made in the registry. If you ignore all those entries in ASC you should be good.

Hi caldwell

Do you have it running on automated care?

Did you close the application after ignoring, and then start it again before trying a new scan?

Cheers

solbjerg

I am running AWC v 2.6.0.835, on Windows XP with SP2.

When I run Registry Fix, the fix blows away my audio mixer device driver - Sigma Tel C-Major Audio. So I thought I could fix this by running Registry Fix, reinstall the drivers, and run the Registry Fix again. Them I marked Ignore for all the new listed entries. I exited AWC, the drivers were deleted again :-(.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a workaround or a way to troubleshoot this?

Thanks, Fred

Archived