IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

clones

ibiy

hi! i have used iobit to find clones in my pc and i saw and long list of clones but they tell me that some of them are very important for my system.i want to know if there is a mean to know those wich are not important to delete it automatically?thanks a lot

Hi ibiy

Please read the very many posts about cloned files.

My recommandation is to never delete cloned files automatically!!

The application should be seen as a help to find cloned files - not a help to delete them.

Cheers

solbjerg

hi! i have used iobit to find clones in my pc and i saw and long list of clones but they tell me that some of them are very important for my system.i want to know if there is a mean to know those wich are not important to delete it automatically?thanks a lot

Not recommended

Welcome to the forum ibiy :smile:

The only way to know which files are safe to delete is to fully investigate every individual file, deleting the wrong file could cause big problems :shock:

I can't recommend using this tool, I have never used a Clone (sometimes called Duplicate) files finder tool made by any company.

If you are looking to free up some hard disk space then you are best to look elsewhere.

Edit: The flying fingers of solbjerg beat me to the answer :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Hi woz :-)

You have a good point in focusing on the subject of freeing free space.

That may indeed be the underlaying wish - and here you are absolutely right in the suggestion to find another way to free up more free space.

It is only in special cases that one can save much space by removing some of the cloned/duplicate files - for example many extra duplicate files (i.e. picture/sound/video).

But in each case please check the files you are about to delete before deleting them to ensure that you don't delete a file that you actually really want to keep in the other location too - and be absolutely sure that you aren't deleting necessary files!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

solbjerg

Welcome to the forum ibiy :smile:

The only way to know which files are safe to delete is to fully investigate every individual file, deleting the wrong file could cause big problems :shock:

I can't recommend using this tool, I have never used a Clone (sometimes called Duplicate) files finder tool made by any company.

If you are looking to free up some hard disk space then you are best to look elsewhere.

Edit: The flying fingers of solbjerg beat me to the answer :smile:

All the best, woz of oz

Archived