IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

IObit SmartDefrag v2 Beta 1.2 (Also Beta 1.21)

I just downloaded and installed Smart Defrag (SD) version 2, Beta 1.2.

I ran Analyze on my C:\ drive and under Summary it reports a Fragmentation Rate of only 0.01 %, yet its Recommendation is to Defrag and Fast Optimize. I'm curious: why recommend this action when the fragmentation rate is so low?

I realize that various defrag software have their own peculiarities in methodology which may well differ from each other, but if SD itself is the defrag software that determines a fragmentation rate of only 0.01 % why would it not deduce that no action is (presently) required for such a low fragmentation rate?

Call me curious, just don't call me late for supper. ;-)

Laurence

WARNING:

It appears that Installing Beta2 v1.2 Removes (Uninstalls) Version-1.5.

I had the older v1.5 installed Also, but Now it's Gone ?

WARNING:

SD No longer runs from the Toolbox Utilities Also. :sad:

Goes to the download webpage instead. :shock:

It appears that v1.5 was not only Disabled but Completely Deleted?

Which I Don't appreciate!:evil:

WARNING:

SD No longer runs from the Toolbox Utilities Also. :sad:

Goes to the download webpage instead. :shock:

It appears that v1.5 was not only Disabled but Completely Deleted?

Which I Don't appreciate!:evil:

Now I'm afraid to download v1.5 again, to Fix Toolbox ? :?

Since it appears that 2-Beta needs for it to be Deleted :?:

This is a follow-up to my previous question regarding SD's recommendation to Defrag and Fast Optimize even though it reported a Fragmentation Rate of only 0.01%.

Anywho, I went ahead and did as it recommended; after it had completed (1 hr and 20 min) under Fragmentation Rate it reported "Before: 0.01 %" and "After: 0.00 %".

Then I immediately ran another Analyze, and for a Fragmentation Rate it reported 0.05 %, and its recommendation. . . to Defrag and Fast Optimize.

Smart Defrag's recommendations seem (to me at least) to be on the excessive side. . .

I'd do yet another Defrag and Fast Optimize (just to see) but I need to use my computer for other things, so presently I will not be following SD's recommendation. :-)

Laurence

Hi Toppack,

Have a look at enoskype's response in this thread, to get SD version 2 run via IObit's Toolbox.

regards,

Laurence

Thank you, Laurence

But I Wanted to keep version-1.5 operational, run from Toolbox utilities, until 2-beta was No longer in beta status.

I'm trying to determine if it was really Necessary for v1.5 to be Disabled by 2-beta v1.2, since it was Not necessary with 2-beta v1.1 :?:

(in v1.2 they evidently perform those replacement steps automaticly but Forgot about the Toolbox link)

Hi Toppack,

Hmn, it looks like in order to keep SD version 1.5 installed (so that it will continue to work with the Toolbox), when doing an install of SD version 2 beta 1.2 a person would have to choose a different directory for its install rather than accept the default location. (However I have not yet tried this.)

Maybe there is an update to their Toolbox coming forthwith. ;-)

Laurence

PS) Nope, see what you mean. When installing SD 2, beta 1.2, before a person gets to where they could possibly change its default install, it has already removed all traces of SD version 1.5 from the hard drive. Interesting.

Hello guys,

There is a new setup file uploaded to Majorageeks which does not uninstall original Smart Defrag and suggests Defrag Only when there is no need for Fast Optimize.

I will add here if I see any other changes in the new version which is 2.1.2.858. The former one was 2.1.2.856.

Cheers.

ADDITION: It seems that file/folder exclusion is working for Windows 7 x32. I am not sure if it is because of the new file or the problem is only for XP.

Hello guys,

There is a new setup file uploaded to Majorageeks which does not uninstall original Smart Defrag and suggests Defrag Only when there is no need for Fast Optimize.

I will add here if I see any other changes in the new version which is 2.1.2.858. The former one was 2.1.2.856.

Cheers.

ADDITION: It seems that file/folder exclusion is working for Windows 7 x32. I am not sure if it is because of the new file or the problem is only for XP.

Wow, that was Quick. :shock:

We must have really 'Rocked the Boat'. :-D

Hello guys,

I'm becoming (more) confused: MajorGeeks and Betanews now have another download of SD version 2 beta available today. After I downloaded it I had a look at its Properties and they are as follows: File version 2.0.0.861; Product version Beta 1.21; Size 4.91; Date modified 18/01/2011 8:21 PM.

The 2.1.2.858 version which enoskype mentions was released yesterday (the 17th).

So I ask: will the real/latest beta release please stand up. . . .

Laurence

Archived