IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Duplicate autodefrag?

I admit I'm being lazy and not looking past the first page of threads... But would there be a reason why SmartDefrag would be running two identical programs? I installed it and enabled the autodefrag, and all was well until i restarted my laptop. As I always do, I open up the task manager for windows to remove unnecessary processes that eat my computer's memory and time, and I looked and noticed that there were two "IObit SmartDefrag.exe" processes going! I thought that it would solve itself, but it hasn't so far. It also shows up in the icon tray as two icons right next to each other.

I have tried reinstalling it and removing all IObit data from my computer. Didn't work. :<

I'm running on Windows XP if that changes anything, though I doubt it would.

• 4 months later...

I have the same issue with 2 icons.

There is only one ISD in add/remove programs and as this is a newish hard drive it was the only installation of it.

I exit one of the icons and the other continues to auto-defrag. [Also using XP]

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

edit: the 2 icons re-appear after every reboot it seems.

Howdy samr.

I followed the instructions in the other thread that you linked me to and cleaned with ccleaner after uninstalling. Unfortunately after reinstalling I still have 2 icons in the tray whenever I reboot.

Anything else I could try? :???:

Thanks.

Did you also delete the folder?

Cheers

solbjerg

Howdy samr.

I followed the instructions in the other thread that you linked me to and cleaned with ccleaner after uninstalling. Unfortunately after reinstalling I still have 2 icons in the tray whenever I reboot.

Anything else I could try? :???:

Thanks.

I thought so - I'll run through the process again in case I missed that step, and get back to you with the result.

Thanks.

Update:

That seems to have done the trick - thanks for the help.

ps. I think ISD is the best available defragger - thanks again.

Archived