IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

clean up

Michelle72

Hi Michelle

This sounds like it concerns your Privacy settings (Privatlivs Rengjöring)

If you have the recommended setting there it doesn't clean away cookies but will catch the tracking cookies during a scan.

Do you also use the automatic clean? And is that set to have the same settings as Privacy clean?

Perhaps a couple of screenshots of these settings would be good to see. :-)

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

I using Advance Systemcare 3 pro.

Sometimes when i clean up previous history, it not disappear in firefox,

Why do not? I have to delete manually in settings in firefox.

It works sometimes but not always, why ? I always close down browser

Thanks

Hi Michelle

In Firefox you have several options to set your history and cookie settings.

Try those and see how it goes. :-)

If there are inconsistencies between ASC settings and Firefox setting it might be possible for it to react like that, I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. Is your firefox not in Swedish??

Hi Michelle

If you have the recommended setting there it doesn't clean away cookies but will catch the tracking cookies during a scan.

Do you also use the automatic clean? And is that set to have the same settings as Privacy clean?

Cheers

solbjerg

I have not recommended settings and I have not automatic cleaning, which setting should I have in browser settings ?

Sorry but I have no screenshot now becuse i have clean it up.

Hi Michelle

Cheers

solbjerg

I have not recommended settings and I have not automatic cleaning, which setting should I have in browser settings ?

Sorry but I have no screenshot now becuse i have clean it up.

I saw now that i have the same settings in privacy clean and automatic clean but its hard to show you , can try,

Hi Michelle

Thank you! Yes I can see you use your own setting - not the recommended one.

Please read post #4 again :-)

(Settings in firefox tools/functions is what you should configure)

Cheers

solbjerg

I saw now that i have the same settings in privacy clean and automatic clean but its hard to show you , can try,

i Michelle

Try those and see how it goes.

If there are inconsistencies between ASC settings and Firefox setting it might be possible for it to react like that, I think.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello

my firefox is in Swedish, Why do you wonder ?

What should I change in my settings and cookies ? Shall it be special options ? Or do you want me to try it out myself ?:mrgreen:

Hi Michelle

Thank you! Yes I can see you use your own setting - not the recommended one.

Please read post #4 again :-)

(Settings in firefox tools/functions is what you should configure)

Cheers

solbjerg

ha ha We went past each other a little.

I have looked at preferences in firefxox but I don't know what settings I should have in order to have it to work in advance care

Hi Michelle

I was just afraid you had trouble if your Firefox was in English :-)

What I mean is that the settings you have chosen in ASC should be mirrored in Firefox.

Here is an example - albeit in Danish :-) - Same goes for the cookies!

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6834&stc=1&d=1297951993

Cheers

solbjerg

i Michelle

Try those and see how it goes.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello

my firefox is in Swedish, Why do you wonder ?

What should I change in my settings and cookies ? Shall it be special options ? Or do you want me to try it out myself ?:mrgreen:

Hi Michelle

I was just afraid you had trouble if your Firefox was in English :-)

What I mean is that the settings you have chosen in ASC should be mirrored in Firefox.

Here is an example - albeit in Danish :-) - Same goes for the cookies!

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6834&stc=1&d=1297951993

Cheers

solbjerg

Ha Ha, alright, not been possible to have firefox in English for me,

Thank you for your image, it explains things, it is set to always save history. One problem, I dont like if i have to log in always , but it must I do if I change setting ?

i dont like if i have to log in always

Hi Michelle

Usually it remembers the settings.

Remember to also configure the settings for cookies so that they also mirror the settings chosen in ASC.

Cheers

solbjerg

Ha Ha, alright, not been possible to have firefox in English for me,

Thank you for your image, it explains things, it is set to always save history. One problem, I dont like if i have to log in always , but it must I do if I change setting ?

i dont like if i have to log in always

Hi Michelle

You could perhaps try to refresh your settings in privacy in ASC.

Cheers

solbjerg

Hello,

settings in ASC is, save passwords but throw all history,

but ASC save not history anyway,

In firefox must i have, save history because otherwise, i have to log in in every time but becomes sleepy by doing it every time

Do you understand me ?

Hi Michelle

I am sorry to say that I don't quite understand.

Is Firefox your default browser? Chosen as such in Control panel/internet settings?

Cheers

solbjerg

p.s. But I think that you should allow the cookies you need - place them in the list that do not get deleted during a scan.

Hello,

settings in ASC is, save passwords but throw all history,

but ASC save not history anyway,

In firefox must i have, save history because otherwise, i have to log in in every time but becomes sleepy by doing it every time

Do you understand me ?

Select in FireFox

p.s. But I think that you should allow the cookies you need - place them in the list that do not get deleted during a scan.

I agree with solbjerg, you should place the needed Cookies in the Advanced System Care > Ignore List which is explained in Usage of IObit Products but I will lay it out here.

FireFox must be closed then go to:

Advanced System Care

Options

Ignore List

Cookies

• Select the cookie for the website that you want to keep (EG. iobit.com)

• Click the Right Arrow and the Cookie will be placed in the Cookies to keep section

• Do this for all the Cookies you want to keep.

You can also select what FireFox deletes when you close it.

• FireFox

• Tools

• Options

• Privacy

• Select FireFox will: Use customs settings for history (See image 1)

• Tick Clear History when FireFox closes (See image 1)

• Click Settings (See image 1)

Image 1

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6839&stc=1&d=1298036109

Next window:

• Tick or un-tick whatever you want (See image 2)

• Click Ok to save and close that window

• Click Ok to save and close the next window

Image 2

http://forums.iobit.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6840&stc=1&d=1298036109

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks to you both,

Have made the settings that are recommended, cleans the history when firefox closes and attempted doing the same on ASC

But there are no cookies saved in the ASC because firefox cleaned up when firefox closed

I opens and drive ASC but password disappear anyway

I dont understand this, Now i am tired

FireFox Private Browsing ?

But there are no cookies saved in the ASC because firefox cleaned up when firefox closed

If there is no Tick beside Cookies (See Image 2) then the Cookies should not be deleted by FireFox and should be seen in Advanced System Care but FireFox must be closed when you open Advanced System Care or the Cookies will not be seen.

Have a look at Image 1

Is Automatically start FireFox in a private browsing session not ticked?

If it is Ticked it will override all other settings and always clear your Cookies and History etc.

All the best, woz of oz

If there is no Tick beside Cookies (See Image 2) then the Cookies should not be deleted by FireFox and should be seen in Advanced System Care but FireFox must be closed when you open Advanced System Care or the Cookies will not be seen.

Have a look at Image 1

Is Automatically start FireFox in a private browsing session not ticked?

If it is Ticked it will override all other settings and always clear your Cookies and History etc.

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks ,

I show a screenshot, you see that it is the same settings that you entered but still I must always log on to the Web pages in firefox anyway

FireFox settings look ok

Thanks for the screenshot :smile:

FireFox should not be deleting your Cookies, however there may be a corruption in the FireFox settings so to test this could you please do the following:

• Launch FireFox

• Come directly to this IObit forum and log in, make sure you Tick Remember Me

• Save the log in details when FireFox asks

• When you are logged in close FireFox, do not log out from the forum

• Launch FireFox again

• Come directly to this IObit forum

Are you logged in ?

Also, I looked at your profile and it does no mention what anti-virus you are using, it might be that your anti-virus also has some type of 'internet browsing cleanup' feature which is deleting your Cookies.

Could you please tell us the complete name of the anti-virus you have and if it is a Free version or Full (paid) version.

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks for the screenshot :smile:

FireFox should not be deleting your Cookies, however there may be a corruption in the FireFox settings so to test this could you please do the following:

• Launch FireFox

• Come directly to this IObit forum and log in, make sure you Tick Remember Me

• Save the log in details when FireFox asks

• When you are logged in close FireFox, do not log out from the forum

• Launch FireFox again

• Come directly to this IObit forum

Are you logged in ?

Also, I looked at your profile and it does no mention what anti-virus you are using, it might be that your anti-virus also has some type of 'internet browsing cleanup' feature which is deleting your Cookies.

Could you please tell us the complete name of the anti-virus you have and if it is a Free version or Full (paid) version.

All the best, woz of oz

Hello

I have done this and I'm always logged in,

My anti-virus protection called Panda of pro 2011 full version (paid)

I can't see that panda prevents cakes

Hello

I have done this and I'm always logged in,

My anti-virus protection called Panda of pro 2011 full version (paid)

I can't see that panda prevents cakes

Hi again :smile:

I just wanted to check if Panda has a 'browser cleanup' feature (most do these days) and it does but I am sure you are not using it.

This is from the Panda - Safe Browser user manual and as you can see all Cookies would be deleted if you were using Safe Browser.

How can Panda Safe Browser protect my privacy?

Normally, Panda Safe Browser runs entirely on the system memory, not saving anything in your hard drive, not even temporarily. Every time you close the program, all the files and data used during the browser session are discarded. When the program is started again, it has no “memory” from its last use. This means that no cookies, cached images, saved form data or other traces of your activities will be available to be recovered......

So, FireFox is not deleting your Cookies and Panda is not deleting your Cookies.

I'm sorry but I am unable to explain why this is happening but I will keep looking and try to find a solution.

All the best, woz of oz

Hi again :smile:

I just wanted to check if Panda has a 'browser cleanup' feature (most do these days) and it does but I am sure you are not using it.

This is from the Panda - Safe Browser user manual and as you can see all Cookies would be deleted if you were using Safe Browser.

So, FireFox is not deleting your Cookies and Panda is not deleting your Cookies.

I'm sorry but I am unable to explain why this is happening but I will keep looking and try to find a solution.

All the best, woz of oz

Thanks, :-D

Archived