IObit Forum
Top Free Driver Updater Tools Best 25 PC Optimization Software Best 22 Antimalware Best 22 Uninstaller Software IObit Coupons & Discount Offers PC Optimizer Mac Boost Advice IObit Coupons A Good Utility Program From IObit IObit Promo Codes IObit Coupon Codes IObit Coupons and Deals FAQs Driver Booster Pro Review

Update corrupts the previous version, new version empty

Linkmi.net

After upgrading, the current version is corrupted and the new one is empty, please add some guidance and explain that the current version really needs to be deinstalled before installing the new version. I deleted the upgrade version to get the current one working again.

Quite a hassle btw to transfer all files to the new version, because they are located everywhere. Please improve this too, because right now I won't install any upgrades, too much hassle, for what ? No idea what has been improved either, perhaps just a new name...

Hello Linkmi.net,

Very sorry for the trouble you encountered. As we changed the program name in the beta, you lose your old version settings. We should inform our users at first when they install the new version.

Please accept our sincerest apologies. The new beta version fixed some general bugs and the BSOD issue on certain computer environments and improved the functions. We surely will keep up improving our programs.

Hi Cicely, no need for any apologies, we all know this programs are currently in beta ;) Just I will wait for half year or so, before downloading the latest version and transfer all my files as it's a lot of work and you might come with upgrades every few weeks.

Keep up the good work !

• 4 weeks later...

free version of beta 3 is not free !

I had the older version and upgraded to the beta 3 version. It deleted my old version and unprotected all the docs and then I found that I have 10 trails before I can only unlock files !

What's that all about?

Now it has expired, I cant use it until I pay for the beta version??

Archived